Register to Comment
Page 615 of 616 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616 LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6160
Like Tree7056Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Introducing voting for a group of people who have never before had the right to vote is an inherently anti-conservative proposition, by definition.
    No, that is ludicrous - that means you interpret "conservative" as being opposed to all changes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    No, that is ludicrous - that means you interpret "conservative" as being opposed to all changes.
    It means that I interpret "conservative" to mean that one is disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKTOBASICS View Post
    There is a lot of talk by the mainstream media, politicians, and social media, referring to the far right, when they really mean, and actually attempt to, lump the genuine 'middle' in with the extreme right-wing elements.

They think it strengthens their put down of the squeezed middle income mainstream who are really dictating the societal change which will eventually filter through to the slow-thinking PC liberal media and politicians.

In actual fact, the far-left and most politicians are in bed together on open borders, and the imposition of thousands of illegal migrants, with potentially terrorists in their midst in on top of European society. The example of Coveney (rescuing), Sutherland (supporting), and the left wing parties (SF, SP, PBP & AAA), singing from the same hymn sheet verifies this unified thinking.

The coming together of these various factions is very peculiar indeed. They all have the same mindset too on Brexit and the Trump victory, and make their displeasure known on their dislike for free thinking and democratic decisions taken by the British and US voters.
    Yes I am always struck on the essential unanimity among the political class on these issues. The main purpose of SF and the rest of the left is to give the illusion of opposition, whereas in fact all they are looking for is a slightly higher-octane version of current policies. At the time of the main mass migrations in 2015, I remember a particular Marian Finucane edition where everyone from FG across to the ever-pompous Mary Loo was competing to sing Merkel's praises (one particularly ludicrous guy objected to the use of the term 'migrant'). Of course the Irish response was denounced by all as pathetic - as if Ireland was in some way morally obliged to become involved. It would be funny in restrospect if it wasn't so serious.

Anyways an "epidemic "of assaults and rapes was avoided this year due to some sound policing ,Law and Order common sense wins out in the end regardless of what some erstwhile snowflakes think.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Yes I am always struck on the essential unanimity among the political class on these issues. The main purpose of SF and the rest of the left is to give the illusion of opposition, whereas in fact all they are looking for is a slightly higher-octane version of current policies. At the time of the main mass migrations in 2015, I remember a particular Marian Finucane edition where everyone from FG across to the ever-pompous Mary Loo was competing to sing Merkel's praises (one particularly ludicrous guy objected to the use of the term 'migrant'). Of course the Irish response was denounced by all as pathetic - as if Ireland was in some way morally obliged to become involved. It would be funny in restrospect if it wasn't so serious.
    With politicians like this we are in deep s hit.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    It may well be - you're doing a great job at utterly turning people off "progressives" and all their works!

Applied to politics, I've always felt 'Progressive' was always a dodgy term, riddled as it is with complacency and supposition. I think it's where the Labour Party has run into trouble. Assuming taking a 'principled' line on social issues will by definition yield a political dividend.

In most western societies, we have sufficient social, economic and political principles and tools in the bag that in most cases we need to adjust rather than 'revolutionise', when faced with challenges. The Syrian refugee crisis is such a challenge. But bearing in mind that Germany is a constitutional democracy, used to applying the rule of law, I'm not particularly impressed by the high dudgeon the ideological left are getting into over nouveau tropes such as 'profiling', which seems to ne to the extremist polar opposite of hard right opposition to refugees in the first place.

Centrists get these distinctions, and are unlikely to be swayed by trendy posturing. Such 'wolf crying' by the permissive left undermines more serious messages the centre left have to make, including on the misallocation of resources in our society. But the likes of Colm O'Gorman would have one think it's all about 'rights' and 'equality' agendas. Whether that be for our north African friends, or for instance for friends closer to home in the Traveller 'ethnicity'.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Many Irish political, media and academic figures live and intellectual and ideological bubble in which much of reality is excluded and the issue that for many Muslim Arabs that Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Christians are regarded as morally degenerate racial degenerate who feel they can treat like cattle is something which is not even recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdemmetje View Post
    Anyways an "epidemic "of assaults and rapes was avoided this year due to some sound policing ,Law and Order common sense wins out in the end regardless of what some erstwhile snowflakes think.
    A trade off between sexual assault and offence.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdemmetje View Post
    Many women were too scared to go out of their homes for fear of being gang-raped by Muslims, I wouldn't say that counts as a success in terms of response to the problem.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment