Register to Comment
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Like Tree651Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty O'Shea View Post
    Well I've started a community employment scheme as an accounts assistant in a childcare facility. I'm hoping this will go along way to kick starting my new profession.
    I passed the level 1 management accounting exams with 66% so very pleased. Especially as it seems to be like the driving test, more than one attempt to pass.

I am hoping to Sage 50 next but can't decide whether to do the payroll or the accounting package.
    Do payroll, it will be more useful, lots of small companies employ part-timers to do payroll, you could pick up a couple of jobs or go freelance.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Well done. That sounds like a good place to start your career. CE schemes are great opportunities for people who embrace them, do all the training and work hard on improving their CV.

The ironic thing with this is that Jobpath doesn't recognize CE as progression. Jobpath/Seetec is just a money making racket for another private company. How have others found them?
    I know two people with Turas Nua here in Cork, both are highly qualified people and both hate it. Neither are impressed with the carry on, they have to attend the interviews and "training"days which, according to themselves are a complete waste of time. They get a different person @ the interview and none have any real interest in helping them.

People I've met on a CE scheme placement are very happy with the experience and training gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Expose the lot of them View Post
    Do payroll, it will be more useful, lots of small companies employ part-timers to do payroll, you could pick up a couple of jobs or go freelance.
    That sounds like good advice.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment