Register to Comment
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree651Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Didn't they have people on slavebridge provide the training?
    No it was the guys from deathcampbridge.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Nudavongs View Post
    There is a small minority of slackers. I remember when unemployment here was around 3% in the early noughties and there were labour shortages in loads of sectors. There were people who were still unemployed and had been since they were in school with me. One of them was taken on by the company I was working in.

The chap was a disaster. He latched on to me and would keep me chatting the whole time if I let him. He stayed all day Monday, left early on Tuesday, turned up a couple of hours late on Wednesday, disappeared at lunchtime on Thursday.

Needless to say, he'd got the PFO by Friday.
    Yes you will always get a tiny minority of these but on the whole most people want to put a roof over their families heads, go on a two week holiday once a year, have a car they can afford to run, see their kids go to college. All these things are impossible on joke 8.65 an hour positions or CE nonsense. The establishment want to paint the unemployed as lazy but disregard the fact we had virtually no unemployment here ten years ago. If people where lazy they wouldn't have worked back then either. Slavebridge and this governments cosy relationship with IBEC and big business has created a race to the bottom where working class families are left putting fake tax and NCT discs in their cars and having to choose between paying the rent/mortgage or keeping the heating on.

So is paying for the unemployed to go chasing non existent jobs?

Sending out CV's, attending interviews, maintaining a PC and internet connection are all costs that have to be met. Where's the money coming from? Where are the jobs anyway? It's window dressing by the government to further demean the poor and justify cutting welfare further.
    Last edited by Mad as Fish; 22nd November 2015 at 04:47 PM.

FG are wedded to doing everything by private contractors thinking that they'll get a better deal through competition between companies. But there are only a few companies who can do the job and there is a fair chance they operate as a cabal or something close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    Another stupid idea from government. Provide well paid jobs and people will work. The only "jobs" available at present are mickey mouse minimum wage and CE nonsense. People aren't "slackers" that's just the establishment line. They want to provide a wage for their family and make a contribution towards society pay them properly ffs.
    you have to start somewhere. You can't just decide to walk into a well paid job whenever it suits. What do you propose government does to improve wages? we already have one of the highest minimum wages in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by atkin8 View Post
    Anyone with experience of the new welfare job seeker scheme called Job Path replaces Intreo.
    You have to attend one on one interviews 3 times a week until you find a job.
    They will look for the job for you and attend interviews .Then when you get a job they call the employer
    to check how you are working .
    Don't understand why they should look for the job for you. And don't know why they will be checking to see how you are doing. That said, people on benefits should be actively seeking work and should be able to prove that they are.

I see the usual wingnuts are crawling from under their rocks to further piss on those who have enough problems already.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    Don't understand why they should look for the job for you. And don't know why they will be checking to see how you are doing. That said, people on benefits should be actively seeking work and should be able to prove that they are.
    It will be interesting to see how many jobs they find, but we won't be told that.

this country is far too soft on the longterm unemployed. What they need is a good kick up the behind

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment