Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TDs Expenses in Sunday Indo

Did anyone notice that both the Fine Gael pair of Joe Mc Hugh and Olwyn are claiming for overnights in the capital when on parliamentary business. They are paid for staying there in the same bed I presume as a married couple but double claiming as they can only claim for one bed unless they stay at different addresses when in Dublin which would be strange ... Is Leo Varadkar aware of this, I am sure he and Senator Regan would be croaking about it if they were FF , can anyone throw any light on it. ? Can Leo throw any light on it ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

How do you know they are both claiming for the same number of nights?

is this the same paper that thinks a "story" about LEGITIMATE expenses claimed by oireachtas members should share the front page with opinion pieces defending "corrupt" payments recieved by Bertie Ahern??

In my personal view the number of TD's should be halved as a lot of their work is duplicated by civil servants, the whole structure of the State needs to be overhauled and the wages/pensions/expenses could end up being halved.

According to the records they both claim overnight allowance , check it out for yourself,when they are in Dublin. In that case they are claiming for the same bed..... twice, a bit rich and are setting bad example. Dont you think

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Throat
    is this the same paper that thinks a "story" about LEGITIMATE expenses claimed by oireachtas members should share the front page with opinion pieces defending "corrupt" payments recieved by Bertie Ahern??
    Indeed, or the same paper which had on its first page an artcle asking the public what was the difference between Des O' Neill's earnings and Bertie's dig outs?
    Hmm let me see.
    O Neill's tribunal earnings are tax compliant, legitimate and have been approved and audited by the State.
    Ahern's various dig outs are suspicious, grubby, clandestine, undeclared earnings and that's even if we accept Ahern's version and ignore why he received them.

Shame on a once respected journalist like Liam Collins being sucked into pathetic agenda driven tripe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AL MURRAY
    According to the records they both claim overnight allowance , check it out for yourself,when they are in Dublin. In that case they are claiming for the same bed..... twice, a bit rich and are setting bad example. Dont you think
    How do you know they are sleeping in the same bed ?

Or whether they pay their hotel bills on a per person sharing basis ?

Tell you what.. rather than drag the marital affairs of two TD's through a public board.. if you believe that they are making fraudulent claims, contact the Standards in Public Office Commission.

FF have recently appointed Michael Smith as its Chairperson. Micheal was always very interested in where certain TD's slept, and who they slept with. I'm sure he'll investigate thoroughly

Don't normal newly married couples who only see each other a couple of days a week not sleep in same bed ? or is there something you want to tell us Rock Of C ?

Quote Originally Posted by AL MURRAY
    Don't normal newly married couples who only see each other a couple of days a week not sleep in same bed ? or is there something you want to tell us Rock Of C ?
    I have no interest whatsoever in the bedtime practices of anyone else.. nor should you.. that is their own business is it not

As I've advised already, if you believe a fraud is taking place, then contact SIPO

You raised the question and now you are getting a tad defensive, you must be a real blueshirt lad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment