Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty O'Shea View Post
    Leo ran that campaign to get himself promoted and it worked.

As for the rest of you, do you seriously think that I and many others like myself, prefer to be blacklisted on the dole than working?

Do any of you have any inkling of an idea on how hard it is to back into the job market? I really doubt it is the case.
    I think there are several labour markets and several barriers to entry into the labour market. And serious regional blackspots.

But, if you are young, and low skilled, and in Dublin, there are jobs being filled by a lot of non Irish while their native counterparts lie up. Many are unemployable.

Re-entering the labour market after kids is very tough and child care can mean the cost of leaving the house in the morning is 35k. That really needs to be addressed.

As for fraud? Well, there are levels of that, and there needs to be a benefits cap.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ionsniffer View Post
    stop giving out welfare to non Irish so easily.
    eastsern europeans, Africans especially.
    our system is too much of an attraction for abuse.
    You left out the rather wealthy newest ethnic group. The Pavees.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Polo View Post
    This chappie is a complete snowflake...the dogs in the street know that welfare cheating is rife and endemic in our fair land.I am a small businessman trying to compete with vat dodgers ,dole scroungers ,sick leave chancers etc etc.

Have had to employ mainly Eastern Europeans whose attitudes and work ethic would put the lazy cheating Irish workers to shame ...not all of them mind but a very worrying percentage !

Bloody snowflake ....
    Are you in construction?

VAT Dodgers. Mick Wallace?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesuno View Post
    You left out the rather wealthy newest ethnic group. The Pavees.
    Ah, now Boss, your being racist.

Leo ran that campaign to get himself promoted and it worked.

As for the rest of you, do you seriously think that I and many others like myself, prefer to be blacklisted on the dole than working?

Do any of you have any inkling of an idea on how hard it is to back into the job market? I really doubt it is the case.
    I don't know about you, but to answer your general question, the answer is that for many, is yes.

Do any of you have any inkling of an idea on how hard it is to back into the job market?
    It's very easy to get back into the job market - one just gets up early in the morning and starts looking. Perhaps what you meant to say is that it can be difficult to get a job, especially if one has been out of employment for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Polo View Post
    This chappie is a complete snowflake...the dogs in the street know that welfare cheating is rife and endemic in our fair land.I am a small businessman trying to compete with vat dodgers ,dole scroungers ,sick leave chancers etc etc.

Have had to employ mainly Eastern Europeans whose attitudes and work ethic would put the lazy cheating Irish workers to shame ...not all of them mind but a very worrying percentage !

Bloody snowflake ....
    The Eastern Europeans are only 'great workers' because they are desperate, once they get the hang of the system they are less likely to be wage slaves for the landlord class etc.

The welfare state is one of the main reasons, if not the main one, that we did not have a revolution during the bollex acting post bailouts etc!
    Next time it happens (and it will!) as there is no slack left, the welfare state and the Afrikaner like privileges of the public sector lovlies will be tackled and there will be blood on the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    The Eastern Europeans are only 'great workers' because they are desperate, once they get the hang of the system they are less likely to be wage slaves for the landlord class etc.
    By way of anecdotes, when their rights are established in the workplace after 2 years, many of them are as docile as any Paddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
    It's very easy to get back into the job market - one just gets up early in the morning and starts looking. Perhaps what you meant to say is that it can be difficult to get a job, especially if one has been out of employment for a number of years.
    It's not exactly quite that simple, also IMHO, if you have contributed over a long period and were basically paid and treated like shyte, you have the right to be very choosy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment