Register to Comment
Page 285 of 325 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3247
Like Tree3195Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    One part of my brain sees the words 'newly appointed commissioner, Noreen O'Sullivan', and the other part sees the famous pre-1997 General Election headline on the Irish Independent
    Cleverclogs When I hear the name Commissioner Noreen O'Sullivan the image that springs to mind is one of her sitting next to her predecessor at the PAC!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Any hope they'll hold onto Murphy for a few months and that Coppinger, Wallace, Daly and others would go on hunger strike in protest ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinnerBot No.32564844524 View Post
    The Gardai might have just sank a Government....history will ask if they did it on purpose
    People are saying that on various sites and here too.

But, did anyone who voted Labour really vote or have AAA sympathies.

Labour = well paid state employees or private sector liberals. NOT the AAA demographic.

Labour voters are a retiring breed, like their parliamentary party. Dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I doubt that the government wish to give Murphy any more publicity.

However, the Gardai and the DPP operate independently and made decisions even if they are politically unwelcome.
    Lolz.

When is elbows Feighan getting his 7am wakeup call from the boys in blue?

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Any hope they'll hold onto Murphy for a few months and that Coppinger, Wallace, Daly and others would go on hunger strike in protest ?

I suppose as a Labour member, you'll cling to any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Claire Daly and Mick Wallace have done more service for the citizens of this country between them than your lot who outnumber them by, how many is it?

Up now on PK

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    The notorious "It's Payback Time" front page header in the Indo, which led directly to all those grim corrupt years under the Ahern and Cowen junta.
    Back when people actually took notice of the Dinnytrash.

SOR covering it, too. Someone on explaining what's been happening over the last three months in terms of investigations

Ruth Coppinger on with him

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    Here's the thing.

1. If the Gardai wanted to discuss the matter with the Murph, then they could have already asked him to pop in for a chat. I don't think the Gardai would deliberately inflame the situation.

2. What exactly happened at the doorstep this morning? One can always precipitate an arrest.

3. What else did the Gardai know was in the offing.

4. The water protestors are now seen as a bunch of yobs and trouble makers after having a go at the President.. They need sympathy. This may have provided it. This may have been a pre-emptive arrest.

The govt are incompetent, but I doubt that even they are stupid enough to precipitate an arrest. Surely the Shatter business made that beyond stupid.

However, good sir, I cannot utterly dismiss your thesis...
    Victor, you've usually seemed to me to be a reasonable person for a blueshirt...you're even possessed with a sense of humour, but the underlined bit is where I take issue...
    I agree that the purpose of these arrests is to create that impression, but they're only exacerbating their difficulties with the water issue. Hundreds of thousands....many hundreds of thousands of people have flat out refused to sign up to these charges and risk criminalizing themselves...I attended the water protests and very ordinary people are on them...people who would have considered themselves non political and never attended a protest before.
    I consider these arrests a very dark underbelly of certainly some elements of the government and particularly the Fine Gael party.....when you get into the realm of arresting political opponents for what was really NOT A BIG DEAL in the scheme of things...forget the nonsense of "kidnapping" and "hostages"....we are really in sinister territory.
    But of course it wasn't the government who initiated these arrests...it was the independent integrity of the Garda, right?
    And I'm Brad Pitt's body double in his next film.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment