Register to Comment
Page 235 of 325 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225233234235236237 245 285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3247
Like Tree3195Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Who is John Galt? View Post
    For instance: If a person lunges forward with a raised machete an appropriate degree of lead ventilation might be deemed reasonable?
    If you lunge in the direction of an armed Garda, then you are threatening lethal force, since you could grab the lethal weapon. That is the nature of escalating things.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
    Joans harrowing ordeal.
    I was wondering where the "smirking" commentary came from, twas Joan all along. She looks like someone happy to see their plan work.

Quote Originally Posted by macedo View Post
    I wish one of the journalists had interviewed the woman shouting about the closure of the breakfast club. A better issue to be protesting about than water meters.
    If she got up off her lazy hole and fed her children it might answer her better.

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    It's the classic lack of empathy among FG politicians.
    And stupidity. They seem to think if they keep doing the same thing over and over they wil eventually get the result that they want.

Reminds me of the famous quote about the Bourbon Monarchy when they were temporarily restored in France in the 1830s: "They had forgotten nothing and learned nothing."

There is a reason why FG only ever got brief spells in govt and it's not entirely to do with the corrupt tentacles of FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Who is John Galt? View Post
    I am delighted with your above post.
    Because...with people like you on board...it ensures the ultimate failure of your objective.
    It's not the anti-water charge supporters that are on the run.

You want to put so many restrictions on the right to protest that any such protest will be totally ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    It's not the anti-water charge supporters that are on the run.

You want to put so many restrictions on the right to protest that any such protest will be totally ineffective.
    My next proposal is that anyone who steps outside the boundaries of peaceful protest should have all personal insurance cover removed.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
    The even mention of arming Gards in response to protesters really ratchets up the situation.

You think a normal government would call for elections instead of deciding not only to circle the wagons, but start arming a normally unarmed police force in efforts to stamp out protests.

Who is threatening violence here?

It would appear FG/LAB have decided anyone who is not with them is against them and they are willing to have such citizens murdered to push their new taxes through for the EU and bondholders.

How can they say they have a mandate when they are now insinuating the act of shooting Irish citizens?
    Arming Gardai to deal with protests obviously is attacking the symptom rather than the cause. I don't think there is any suggestion of arming Gardai with fire arms? This would be a tactic out of a defunct eastern block country rather than a democracy.

As for mandate, the government could, rightly, point out that opinion polls on the water issue are far from conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Yeah. 'I'm trying to save the country for my son because I believe that it is being sold off bit by bit".

Perhaps the beginnings of a promising political career.....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Ah yea. . Ivan - Fücked off to Swansea for a year so he could hand his debt to the taxpayer whilst continues to take 50K a year for 2 and a half years as a Minister
    I didn't realise that he borrowed the money for his business from the taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Since when is it in order for a Mercedes to actually mow down
    somebody behaving reasonably or unreasonably?

Are you another poster here supporting the Robert Mugabwe school of community relations?

Figured out yet whether Mugabe is President of Zambia or Zimbabwe........or both ?

The aul dual mawn-date thingy......

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment