Register to Comment
Page 135 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3247
Like Tree3195Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán Chaisil View Post
    I'm waiting for your explanation.

It's not exactly difficult to employ high-impact resistant windows in Garda cars.
    I asked a friend who happens to be a Garda.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    So 76 out of 166 TDs received a mandate to introduce water and you call that democracy?

Fine Gael did not win the 2011 election.

They can only introduce water charges with the consent of Labour - who committed themselves to opposing their introduction in the last election campaign.

They therefore lied and defrauded those who voted for them on this basis.
    It was also in the FF manifesto, and in the Program For Government voted on by Labour. That's a bigger mandate than the introduction of divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    No they didn't. They kept their promises, and have managed to get the public finances into shape despite not increasing income tax or cutting core social welfare rates.
    They did in their bollix keep their promises.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    Bravery. That was nothing but a pathetic rabble yesterday.
    I'd never call the Garda that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    So 76 out of 166 TDs received a mandate to introduce water and you call that democracy?

Fine Gael did not win the 2011 election.

They can only introduce water charges with the consent of Labour - who committed themselves to opposing their introduction in the last election campaign.

They therefore lied and defrauded those who voted for them on this basis.
    Well Bob, ya know now, any Public or Civil servant (or family of same) who votes FG/Lab is like a turkey voting for Christmas dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Diawlbach View Post
    It was also in the FF manifesto, and in the Program For Government voted on by Labour. That's a bigger mandate than the introduction of divorce.
    No where in the 2011 FF manifesto did it state that they intended to charge for water.

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    I believe that there were some "rabble", I do not believe that they were all rabble and I don't believe that Ms Burton was in any danger at all - In fact I wonder why Ms Burton stayed in the car for so long, with Gardaí about, a Garda helicopter above, a Garda driver sitting in the front seat. She got a water balloon thrown at her (which was entirely wrong), but shouting (maybe offensive) chants is what politics is all about, don't they do it in the actual Daíl?

I tell you when I would be scared to bits (this happened), my motorbike died while I was stupidly taking a shortcut through a certain estate in Dublin 7, lads came running towards me to grab my bag (they shouted, "let's get it"), I beeped the horn of the bike to no avail, but I was wearing a helmet and big leather gloves and I hit out all over the place (don't think I made contact at all), then they decided that it was not worth it and scarpered.

No Gardaí to "leap in"!

These protests will attract "an element" and there is no way of preventing this. That's why my protests come from here - The kitchen!
    If you look at the video on the page before this one, of what happened when she left her car and was being walked to the other car, you'll see why they might have been afraid to move her. The guards seemed unable to clear a path and were inching her along, surrounded by protesters

Someone threw an egg. It hit her head and clung to her hair. She was totally exposed to protesters and their missiles. She was hemmed in by protesters--the Gardai unable to protect her or free a space for her, or prevent missiles being thrown at her

How any civilised person can defend that behaviour is beyond me. It was a disgrace.

Just in case anyone is under illusions, I do not condone the treatment of Ms. Burton yesterday. She was attending a function to celebrate the achievements of adult students at An Cosan College. That she was unable to attend due to this protest which escalated is more than a little disappointing to those involved I am sure.

But, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have pointed out already, the behaviour of this Coalition leaves a lot to be desired. They have REFUSED to listen or acknowledge their constituents who are expressing their absolute outrage at what they (we) see as one law for them, and another for us. We have been mislead time and again by our reigning Ministers; Joan and her ilk do not have to worry about creche facilities/costs (they are subsidised at Leinster Hse), water charges, property charges; they are wholly detached from the electorate, hence the backlash they are currently experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    They did in their bollix keep their promises.
    what are you whinging about ? , they didnt touch the old age pension or any of the various benefits bar cutting fuel allowance ( during months of the year when the weather is warm ) and phone rental allowance

Quote Originally Posted by Dubstudent View Post
    A brick thrown by a wally hit the back bumper of a 1000kg+ Garda car. After the protest had finished!

The majority of those in attendance yesterday looked well into their 40's/50's.

Your boy Enda was heckled today at the Mansion House, last week he was called a ''c*nt''.

Your days are numbered, blueshirt scum

And you think you're the model of democracy?

Your antics aren't playing well at all, kiddo. The rush to dissociate should tell you that.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment