Register to Comment
Page 331 of 523 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321329330331332333 341 381 431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 5223
Like Tree1834Likes

Quote Originally Posted by eurlex View Post
    Negotiations about what? It belongs to the Malaysians.
    A spicy peanut satay recipe.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ffc View Post
    The guardian reporting the boxes handed to malaysian delegation, pictures as well.
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ffc View Post
    The guardian reporting the boxes handed to malaysian delegation, pictures as well.

About flippin time as well. Any chance of getting the credit cards as well?

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    It's interesting and disconcerting to witness the total lack of response by the EU to this tragedy.

Well I for one haven't become aware of anything from our real masters about this.

I may have been having a little slumber at the time, so I stand corrected if I'm wrong.
    I suspect that there are some very large commercial interests which may be tempering a response from the EU.

Rightly or wrong, Germany and France, and their respective larger mulitnational companies, have invested billions in the Russian market.

It would be prudent to await the verdict of an investigation before deciding on more sanctions. I realise that it make take a long time to get to the facts, but if the facts of an investigation show that Russia is responsible for the Mh17 tragedy then it should be easier to agree sanctions from those who have a vested interest.

In the absence of facts from an investigation there is bound to be resistance given the commercial factors involved.

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    About flippin time as well. Any chance of getting the credit cards as well?
    What good will the credit cards do? They are going to be canceled or already have been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    There are at least 28 separate vetoes in matters like this, so every foreign policy decision must be the very lowest common denominator.
    Ireland is one of the stauncher opponents to changing that.
    Sorry, that sounds like the usual EU bureaucratic stuff.

Plus ca change.

Qui bono...from this kicking the can down the road stuff?

And we thought this only happened here. Omg

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    I suspect that there are some very large commercial interests which may be tempering a response from the EU.

Rightly or wrong, Germany and France, and their respective larger mulitnational companies, have invested billions in the Russian market.

It would be prudent to await the verdict of an investigation before deciding on more sanctions. I realise that it make take a long time to get to the facts, but if the facts of an investigation show that Russia is responsible for the Mh17 tragedy then it should be easier to agree sanctions from those who have a vested interest.

In the absence of facts from an investigation there is bound to be resistance given the commercial factors involved.
    Sanctions should only be allowed if the government has to reimburse companies for lost contracts and revenue.

Specific reports of evidence-tampering by the separatists.

Quote Originally Posted by news.com.au
    Lyubov Kudryavets, a worker at the Torez morgue, told The Associated Press that last Thursday, after the plane went down over eastern Ukraine, a resident brought in the bloody body of a child, about 7 or 8 years old. On Saturday, she said, pro-Russian militiamen came to claim it.
    “They began to question me: ‘Where are the fragments of rocket? Where are the fragments from the plane?’’’ Kudryavets said. “But I didn’t have any wreckage. ... I swear.’’...In this still mysterious tragedy, for example, the bodies themselves could offer precious clues. A missile from a Russian-made SA-11 mobile launcher, also known as a Buk, would explode outside the target aircraft, hurling shrapnel into the plane. Some bodies might bear the telltale wounds.

“While the stated reasons for removing some of the bodies to a refrigerated train — to protect them from wild animals and slow their decomposition — may be genuine, the bodies, too, are evidence,’’ said Keir Giles, an expert on security at the Chatham House think tank....At the biggest site on Monday, “we did not see any perimeter security in the place,’’ Michael Bociurkiw, a spokesman for the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, told reporters in Donetsk. The monitors observed that one of the largest pieces of debris — apparently a large cone section — “had somewhat been split or moved apart.’’On an earlier visit to one of the smaller impact sites, where the cockpit and beginning of the first-class section lay, the observers also witnessed apparent tampering.

“We observed workers there hacking into the fuselage with gas-powered equipment,’’ Bociurkiw said.

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdemmetje View Post
    Fair enough that's your prerogative ,any chance you could comment on the rest of my post on the subject at hand.
    Its simple really but I don't agree with the denial of access either per say, but I can see why access to the site was/is being denied. Those at the site consider it their territory, ie they are the rulers of that land. In that light they see themselves, rightly or wrongly, as the ones with the authority to say who goes and who does not.

Yes the optics are terrible. Yes it adds trauma upon trauma for the families of the victims. This whole episode is imho like the cuban missile crisis and we're very close to a spark that could set unstoppable forces in motion. In light of that I'm not baying for blood, nor adding fuel to the fire calling for revenge but rather asking people to calm down consider all of the possibiliites and allow room for negotiation and ceasing of military actions all around.

It's far too high stakes for the screaming for M.A.D. and frankly the dame endas, the ren84s etc are just showing themselves to be nothing more than violence seeking psychotic sociopaths looking, not for a better world, but for human bloodshed.

I don't agree with their point of view. So much for their tolerant and progressive outlooks they wish to convey. They're dangerous animals with no place in a modern world and they're just as bad as the kind of Putin they try and portray.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment