Register to Comment
Page 2668 of 2708 FirstFirst ... 16682168256826182658266626672668266926702678 ... LastLast
Results 26,671 to 26,680 of 27076
Like Tree21482Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Without a Link Andy

- this carries no water.....
    That is fair enough question...However not believing in evolution I believe human societies are always going to be evil but we have to do our best to limit evil, that is the view point of your average Nun many if not most are working and praying in situations which Emily or HereWeGoAgain cannot imagine for no earthly reward even in terms of a pat on the back. The question though is why kids are craving into their arms and starving themselves often to death in his Post-Christian society without any obvious outside force? What is up with that?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Didn’t Bill announce at one point that he, she or it was pregnant and due a baby..., did I imagine this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Didn’t Bill announce at one point that he, she or it was pregnant and due a baby..., did I imagine this ?
    Maybe an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Maybe an abortion?
    Phweeeee....he,he, he...

Curious story here about what appears to have been outright fantasy that became a best seller by well known Irish journalist Hermann Kelly

Lies of Little Miss Misery - memoir of abused girl is a fake, says new investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz59cxxAojj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...stigation.html

Now if one person can write up a fake account of the Magdalenes and have it swallowed whole

- then why not another?

Without a Link Andy

- this carries no water.....
    Joking about the abuse of children? You really are utter scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    She had a second child. Quite a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Joking about the abuse of children? You really are utter scum.
    I think you're far far too kind to say that about him. He is beneath the word scum. A truly evil person.

Curious story here about what appears to have been outright fantasy that became a best seller by well known Irish journalist Hermann Kelly

Lies of Little Miss Misery - memoir of abused girl is a fake, says new investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz59cxxAojj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...stigation.html

Now if one person can write up a fake account of the Magdalenes and have it swallowed whole

- then why not another?

She says her family are trying to discredit her because of a property dispute. Her publishers, who say they went to great lengths to verify her story, are also standing by the book.
    The siblings have been in dispute for five years over the house in which they grew up, which was left equally to all nine after their parents' death. Kathy, who had been living there caring for their mother, argued that she should be allowed to stay on as recompense for her appalling childhood. Her siblings wanted to sell.

The case ended up in court this year; according to Kathy, the details of her abuse were discussed as part of her argument. The judge ruled in her favour. "He said it seemed to him that I had always had to fight my corner, and so I deserved it," she said. It was then the other siblings began to claim Kathy's story was a lie.
    The Sisters of Our Lady of Charity, one of the orders that ran Magdalene laundries, has issued a statement saying that no records exist of a Kathy O'Beirne in any such institution. However, Kathy played the Guardian a taped conversation that she believes supports her claim that she was there. She also pointed to well-publicised cases in which religious orders have been exposed as having destroyed or failed to keep proper records.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/...ooks.booksnews

If she can be proved to have lied she should be prosecuted. Both for profiting from the real suffering experienced by some, and for destroying innocent peoples lives.

One of the accused priests was Father Fergal O'Connor, a highly respected university lecturer in political science and a founder of Sherrard House Hostel, a haven for homeless girls.

O'Beirne claimed he not only raped and beat her up, but also that he drove students from a seminary to the hostel so they could gang-rape her.

What she does not mention is that Fr O'Connor, 77, was crippled by arthritis from his early 20s and was "a quivering mass of pain, day in and day out" according to those who knew him.

Finola Bruton, wife of former Irish Prime Minister John Bruton and friend of the priest, said: "He could not even shake hands because of the pain that squeezing his hand would cause.

"Instead, he just put out one finger to hold. I subsequently learned that he suffered from severe rheumatoid arthritis from his early 20s."

The hairdresser alleges Kathy O'Beirne approached her in 2005 with an astonishing proposition: if she would lie about witnessing Kathy being raped by a priest in 1969, she would give her a half-share in a bungalow.

A horrified Mrs Power told me: "O'Beirne asked me to lie and act as a false witness that I had seen her being raped by a priest of the Dublin Diocese. I refused to do so. I said to her: 'I most certainly will not. That is just lies.'"
    the author's words: "The first thing I noticed while driving up to the convent that day was a beautiful grotto to Our Lady on the left-hand side. Up from that was a church, a large red-brick building with big bars on the windows."

At the time Ms O'Beirne was writing about, there was a large building in front of the grotto which blocked it from sight. Only in recent years could the author have seen the view she depicts.
    Lies of Little Miss Misery - memoir of abused girl is a fake, says new investigation | Daily Mail Online

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment