Register to Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
Like Tree34Likes
  1. #31
    seabhcan seabhcan is offline
    seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,024

    Quote Originally Posted by JHB78 View Post
    Whats your point? He has stated that he didn't cause the Truecrypt shutdown. Do you think he is lying?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #32
    JHB78 JHB78 is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,921

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Whats your point? He has stated that he didn't cause the Truecrypt shutdown. Do you think he is lying?
    Take off you tinfoil hat and wait for his new update later today.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #33
    seabhcan seabhcan is offline
    seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,024

    Quote Originally Posted by JHB78 View Post
    Take off you tinfoil hat and wait for his new update later today.
    Ah, so you do think the audit team have somehow conspired with Truecrypt to take it offline. Thats quite a theory.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #34
    JHB78 JHB78 is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,921

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Ah, so you do think the audit team have somehow conspired with Truecrypt to take it offline. Thats quite a theory.
    Where did I say that?. You take too many drugs in your youth?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #35
    Warrior of Destiny Warrior of Destiny is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,739

    A member of the Audit team Runa A. Sandvik is saying this;

    Results from phase one of the review released last month revealed no evidence of any backdoors. A second review is still pending.
    It is unclear whether the TrueCrypt developers were compromised or if this is all part of an elaborate plan to end development of the widely used tool.
    Encryption Tool Endorsed By Snowden Abruptly Shuts Down - Forbes
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #36
    at768 at768 is offline
    at768's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11,266

    You can sell encryption without a backdoor, its just that the NSA has so much money to pay companies off for a backdoor that most people just take the money.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #37
    seabhcan seabhcan is offline
    seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,024

    Quote Originally Posted by at768 View Post
    You can sell encryption without a backdoor, its just that the NSA has so much money to pay companies off for a backdoor that most people just take the money.
    Its not just that. They threaten you until you agree to either go out of business or put in the back door. We know this from the Lavabit scandal. Its carrot and stick.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #38
    at768 at768 is offline
    at768's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11,266

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Its not just that. They threaten you until you agree to either go out of business or put in the back door. We know this from the Lavabit scandal. Its carrot and stick.
    Thats why you don't locate the company in the U.S. or a U.S. friendly country.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #39
    stopdoingstuff stopdoingstuff is offline
    stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    It would be like Chubb suddenly shutting down and telling their customers to use sellotape instead.
    Tapist
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #40
    seabhcan seabhcan is offline
    seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,024

    TrueCrypt Security | Mark Lyon

    This is a reasonable explanation of the issue by Mark Lyon, who is both a lawyer and a computer expert and who has worked of the US military. He explains that he uses Truecrypt as a standard tool for transporting legal eDiscovery data.

    BitLocker is not an appropriate solution for eDiscovery file transport. First, it is included as part of only certain versions of Microsoft Windows. Unlike TrueCrypt, it’s not compatible with other operating systems. Its security is also highly questionable – Microsoft clearly explains that in a non-domain environment, copies of the keys necessary to decrypt the container are sent to and stored by Microsoft.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment