Register to Comment
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Broadband speed is important to Rural Business?
    (Serious question)
    Try running a rural farm shop, equestrian center, etc, with upload speeds of 4k, connection dropping out, etc. It costs business.

Also being a software developer dealing with Irish broadband speeds. You either quit of leave.

It is preventing development of business's in rural areas.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Broadband speed is important to Rural Business?
    (Serious question)
    I'd imagine the implication is that Broadband is important to most business at this stage?

I've a house down in Galway that I spend some time in, recently I needed to get something done to my car. Close to the house is a newly opened Service Garage, somebody suggested to me that they were good, I doubted theyd have the parts or capability to get the part required, as my car wouldnt be that run of the mill. within seconds the guy was able to price and source the part and organise to have it delivered and fitted the next day, all by going onto some website he'd an account with. Years ago it would have taken probably a week?

Ireland only does "competitiveness" when it comes to tax on a particular segment of the economy.

Infrastructure, planning, cost efficiency, it is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    1) I am not sure why people expect politicians to deliver broadband

2) If you live in BallyfeicNowhere...you shouldn't be surprised if broadband is poor

cYp
    Why ffs? If I can run a better business in the middle of nowhere that you can in Tallaght why should I be dinscriminated against. This shiit should have been done and dusted ten years ago the whole country should have 10 or 20meg broadband capability.
    Its a ringing endorsment of our shiite backwrds corrupt self serving politicians that i can only get 1.6 on a good day and I live 10 miles from a "gateway" town. useless fnckers.

F**k of boggers!!

As a curiosity, how much would it cost to set up your own ISP? I've seen articles about it happening in the US for as little as 20 million euro.

I would pay top dollar for google fibre!

Quote Originally Posted by MacO'velli View Post
    I'd imagine the implication is that Broadband is important to most business at this stage?

I've a house down in Galway that I spend some time in, recently I needed to get something done to my car. Close to the house is a newly opened Service Garage, somebody suggested to me that they were good, I doubted theyd have the parts or capability to get the part required, as my car wouldnt be that run of the mill. within seconds the guy was able to price and source the part and organise to have it delivered and fitted the next day, all by going onto some website he'd an account with. Years ago it would have taken probably a week?
    But that is merely access to the internet - would he have needed ultra fast broadband?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai Experiment View Post
    Why ffs? If I can run a better business in the middle of nowhere that you can in Tallaght why should I be dinscriminated against. This shiit should have been done and dusted ten years ago the whole country should have 10 or 20meg broadband capability.
    Its a ringing endorsment of our shiite backwrds corrupt self serving politicians that i can only get 1.6 on a good day and I live 10 miles from a "gateway" town. useless fnckers.
    Because we need to protect our countryside? I'm all for the urban/rural divide. It is more efficient for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    F**k of boggers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    Try running a rural farm shop, equestrian center, etc, with upload speeds of 4k, connection dropping out, etc. It costs business.

Also being a software developer dealing with Irish broadband speeds. You either quit of leave.

It is preventing development of business's in rural areas.
    I'm all for businesses not being developed in rural areas. Unless we should regard everywhere as fair game for "development" and regard the place as one big city covering all the relevant counties.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment