Register to Comment
Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Violent deaths of Mayo pensioners

According to the following piece Gardaí believe that violence was involved in this incident.

Gardaí believe pensioners were beaten to death in Castlebar home

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...87w-8PUQr14_BA

Still early days but if this what it seems to be I hope that the Gardaí are given every support in their investigation.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

There is a lot of anger in Mayo over the murders of these two inoffensive men.

A lot of rumours as to who the murderers were, and who else might have aided and abetted them.

Wish the Gardai every success in their investigations

From the article:

"The men were described by locals as vulnerable and mentally impaired".

This type of scene is replicated far too often of late in Ireland, and since it took place close to the Taoiseach's Constituency Office surely should ensure that the perpetrators are quickly detected and brought to swift justice.

I suggest that people refrain from commenting on who did this until it is confirmed, as hopefully it will be.

The bigger question arising out of the frequency of such attacks, is where are we going wrong as a society, since violence is becoming all too common here? The last week alone has seen some terrible cases coming before the Courts.

Quote Originally Posted by birthday View Post
    Still early days but if this what it seems to be I hope that the Gardaí are given every support in their investigation.
    Botched robbery?

This is no place for gossip or idle speculation.

Whoever did this is sick and twisted in the extreme.

I hope the Garda quickly get them.

I heard a similar story in Sligo yesterday about the robbery and killing of another inoffensive old man. Thankfully the killer was caught as I hope will happen in this case.

If the culprits are caught and are found to be on parole then I hope the relatives sue the State.

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    From the article:

"The men were described by locals as vulnerable and mentally impaired".

This type of scene is replicated far too often of late in Ireland, and since it took place close to the Taoiseach's Constituency Office surely should ensure that the perpetrators are quickly detected and brought to swift justice.

I suggest that people refrain from commenting on who did this until it is confirmed, as hopefully it will be.

The bigger question arising out of the frequency of such attacks, is where are we going wrong as a society, since violence is becoming all too common here? The last week alone has seen some terrible cases coming before the Courts.
    Life without parole, real justice please.

I got this news early this morning from a friend of Jack and Tommy. Like any person I am stunned by this news. The town is so quiet today, this evening. Silent. My doctor is on their street and I would pass the time of day with them as I walked by their home. I can't believe they are gone, and in such a terrible way. It puts the fear of God into you if you happen to live alone when you hear these tales of violence. My heart goes out to Tommy and Jack's relations and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    I heard a similar story in Sligo yesterday about the robbery and killing of another inoffensive old man. Thankfully the killer was caught as I hope will happen in this case.

If the culprits are caught and are found to be on parole then I hope the relatives sue the State.
    I agree, its only a pity that it will be the poor taxpayer and not the scumbag politicians and lawyers that pay up

Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment