Register to Comment
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jdaly View Post
    You are showing your ignorance now. Do a bit of research on GAA teams losing players to emigration.
    No, there's no emigration in the North, the economy is booming, the housing market is stable, full employment, investors are flocking in.....
    We spend our days driving round Coney Island listening to Brian Kennedy eating jars of mussels and potted herrings.
    Thanks Sinn Fein.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by goatstoe View Post
    FG/FF coalition is the majority of the electorates choice by the looks of it, and when the numbers fall in the right scenario, they'll have to give them exactly what they want whether they like it or not. When the time comes I suspect it wont be hard for ye to swallow.
    Except that this poll didn't ask about preferred coalition options, therefore you can't infer what you just did - otherwise, you could just as easily argue that the electorate's choice is a FF/SF/LAB/IND/ULA coalition. And it can't be both, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    To be honest this is very disappointing for me. This country cannot afford much more of this divided government and right now there is no alternative if it breaks down. A few months ago I would have said a real surge for FF would unsettle this crowd and have them fearing a return to the gutter where they belong. However, enough is enough and its time FF upped its game for the sake of the country. There are least 1m intelligent people in this country and FF should be targetting them

remember c.j.haughey, p.v. doyle, the beef tribunal, albert reynolds, export credit, taca- desi hanafin, lawlor, dunlop, burke, the telecom site, carysfort site, smurfit, pino harris, coolmore, dermot desmond, mccarthy, telecom shares, artane boys, mcquaid, arms trial, le coq hardi, ahern signing blank cheques for his boss, dempsey, over-runs on everything, the m-50, toll roads, cowen, garglegate, drurys glen, fintan drury, flynnstones, tom gilmartin, gogarty, mahon and moriarty tribunals, bailey bros, fagans, dig-outs, charlie chawke, corrib gasline, terry keane, m.m.d.s. signals, seanie fitz,

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    The really funny thing about this poll is the way the shinners and FG'ers always start sniping at each other.
    It shows where FG's focus is truly aimed.
    No it doesn't, it shows that some contributors to a discussion board are having a bit of a spat with some other posters on a discussion board.

It really is weird how you see just about everything that anyone says on this site as reflecting something (invariably negative) about Fine Gael - you truly are obsessed.

I'm not addressing this point with you, but as it happens what do you think Michael Collins' squad got up to during the Rebellion era.
    Well I don't think they targetted innocent civilians, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Except that this poll didn't ask about preferred coalition options, therefore you can't infer what you just did - otherwise, you could just as easily argue that the electorate's choice is a FF/SF/LAB/IND/ULA coalition. And it can't be both, can it?
    FF/SF/LAB/ULA - that would be fun - from a distance.

The trajectory of the poll figures are heading for an FG/FF coalition. Your comment chimes with the general cosying up between FG and FF TD's, which I think makes an FG/FF coalition a real possibility after the next GE.

Sure why not, aren't FG and FF ideologically closer in every way than any of the other parties in the Dail, especially given that increasingly it appears that an FG/FF coalition is the electorate's preferred choice?

It will be interesting to see - if the numbers fall as the trajectory of the polls indicate - how FG/FF will manage to conspire to frustrate the democratic will of the electorate.

The numbers if they fall in the predicted way - given recent polls - may force them to coalesce, whether they like it or not.
    Numbers never force any coalition to happen. Anyway, by saying that FG and FF are ideologically closest to each other and should therefore form a coalition, you're assuming that voters vote based on ideology - but by and large, they don't. Irish voters are broadly centrist, and move between the main parties mainly in accordance with who they perceive to be competent at any given time.

SInn Fein's IRA friends maimed/killed more Catholic males than they did all the 'Prods', 'Brits', 'Brit Civilians' and 'West Brits'.

The GPO, Bolands Mill, St Stephens Green, were all civilian targets.

They also targetted an unknown number of local Gurriers who were looting, and any civilian who stood in their way or acted a hero.

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment