Register to Comment
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 465455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post
    The real anger is only just starting I reckon.
    That's right, ND, the anger against all the foreigners, coming here, raising house prices, spreading airborne cancer with their strange languages and conspiring with the Jews and the rich, influential pro-gay lobby to flush the Irish out and legalise hard drugs.

That's about your stock position on everything, no?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lar G Rection View Post
    Stickie Gilmore had to cancel an event in Dublin this morning following a protest by Eirigi and People Before Profit. His Ministerial Chariot was pelted with eggs.

The FF type anger is returning.

More to follow when I get a link.

Video here. Car carrying Tanaiste + minister Fitzgerald is egged spat on + kicked by eirigi protestors in Ballyfermot (language) http://twitter.yfrog.com/jcimbofdjdfdyumrqbvhpwwnz

Before all the FG and Labour morons start going on about this being about the childrens referendum and it not being the right place to protest, the best thing we can do for our children is ensuring they are not paying off the debts of Gilmore's banker,builder and FF cronies.

There was not a peep from the traitor when his government paid out €1 billion to unsecured bondholders this week, after all his lies during the election campaign. This traitor deserves all the abuse he gets.

Lets hope this is just the beginning.
    Good. More of this please.

Targeted protests against these people is whats needed. "Peaceful" protest where gardai on horseback trample backwards on people peacefully protesting by sitting down just doesn't work. Pitty little Gillie wasn't pelted with a egg while oputside his car.

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon of Knowledge View Post
    I was at the protest. There were over 50 people on the picket line at half 10 on a cold Friday Morning. Hardly insignificant. There were also a handful of people before profit in attendance.

The protest was organised by éirígí and succeeded in mobilising members if the local community. The anger at the proposed cutbacks was palpable and that was clear from the nature of the protest.

Gilmore and Fitzgerald got off lightly.

One protestor was arrested on trumped charges by Gardai who were clearly embarrassed that they were powerless to stop the protestors.

éirígí have an elected Councilor in Ballyfermot and have built a good reputation in the area for their daily work such as community clean ups, preventing eviction defending public services involvement in the anti home and water tax campaign as well as their willingness to take direct action in defence of their community.

Éirígí doesn't speak for everyone in Ballyfermot, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they have the support of quite a few. The middle class on politics.ie might just be surprised!

It's neither here nor there but can i just say fair play for turning up at the protest to yourself. I have attended numerous protests these last few years but could'nt make it due to work commitments. Once again well done the nation needs more like you.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    He was lucky, Mary Harney got red paint.
    Harney would've only eaten the eggs...

I was at the protest. There were over 50 people on the picket line at half 10 on a cold Friday Morning. Hardly insignificant. There were also a handful of people before profit in attendance.
    Population by ED-Ballyfermot Chapelizod | All-Island Research Observatory

25,000 people live in Ballyfermot/Chapelizod area. So even if the protest was 50 people exclusively from the area (Which it clearly wasn't), the protest amounts to .2% of the local population. How many exactly would have made it insignificant to your mind?

The protest was organised by éirígí and succeeded in mobilising members if the local community. The anger at the proposed cutbacks was palpable and that was clear from the nature of the protest.
    It's amazing though how events organised by PBP, SWP and pretty much every other political party across the poltiical spectrum manage to take place without criminality.

Gilmore and Fitzgerald got off lightly.
    Indeed. Had certain unrepentent criminals who organised the protest gotten their hands on them it could have been much worse.

One protestor was arrested on trumped charges by Gardai who were clearly embarrassed that they were powerless to stop the protestors.
    Wait that's confusing: Are you saying the protestor wasn't throwing eggs which damaged the car? How is it a trumped up charge? Either the police observed a lawful protest, or they arrested someone after a number of people broke the law. Which is it?

éirígí have an elected Councilor in Ballyfermot and have built a good reputation in the area for their daily work such as community clean ups, preventing eviction defending public services involvement in the anti home and water tax campaign as well as their willingness to take direct action in defence of their community.
    They have an elected councillor, they don't have someone who was elected for them though. That's worth noting. It'll be interesting to see how she does when she stands again under their banner this time. I would wager the people who thought they were voting for an SF representative mightn't be so quick to vote for her this time.

Éirígí doesn't speak for everyone in Ballyfermot, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they have the support of quite a few. The middle class on politics.ie might just be surprised!
    If only all this hidden support for Eirigi made it to the polling booths. There'd be no stopping them!

Twitter
    @

As they represent an insignificant movement, it was insignificant. That the addition of a few eggs made their presence noteworthy at all, only proves that. Further to that, that SWP showed up under one of their aliases, or in one of their useful-idiot-mobiles (in this case PBP) is just sad and confirming of the view that as an organistion, they know people see them as unrepresentitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man View Post
    As they represent an insignificant movement, it was insignificant. That the addition of a few eggs made their presence noteworthy at all, only proves that. Further to that, that SWP showed up under one of their aliases, or in one of their useful-idiot-mobiles (in this case PBP) is just sad and confirming of the view that as an organistion, they know people see them as unrepresentitive.
    I'm surprised you weren't there bowing and scrapping to one of the biggest gombeens in Irish politics. When he was roaring economic traitor to Cowen, he should have been looking in the mirror.

Aborting second termester babies due to risk of Downes Syndrome
    Stand with the 8% – Down Syndrome Babies Who Weren’t Aborted
    Baby killed in toilet with sissors during botched abortion
    2 Employees of 'Ghoulish' Abortion Clinic Plead Guilty to Murder | NBC 10 Philadelphia
    Babies at 24 weeks aborted for cleft lip
    As late abortions double, Dutch debate ultrasound again :: archief nrc.nl

plenty of controversy ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man View Post
    Eggs-actly

Just heard éirígí have organised two further protests this Saturday.

One at 11am over the proposed cuts to child Benfit which will take place outside labour minister Brendan Howlin's clinic in the cool cuts in Wexford town.

And one in Tallaght at 1pm outside Labour minister Pat Rabbittes clinic against energy price hikes.

Lets hope the people of Tallaght and Wexford town are as angry about the cuts to austerity as the community in Ballyfermot!

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 465455565758 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment