Register to Comment
Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post

OK, what I am trying to say is that people in Ireland have a psyche which seems to me to have a built in disregard for what's right and wrong.
    You seem to be insinuating that the people of Eire have their fair share of scoundrels. You are probably correct.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Glenshane4 View Post
    What members of the GAA "collectively, physically raped the children of the past generation and have financially ravaged the future of the next generation"? Were all the culprits members of the GAA? Were any of them members of Fine Gael, The IRFU, the FAI, Fianna Fail, Sinn Fein, the Eire Labour Part? Were any of them involved in horse-racing or greyhound racing? Were any of them members of golf clubs? Why should the GAA be held responsible for what any of their members do in their professional lives or in their business lives? Why should the GAA get involved in helping any of its members out of business or legal difficulties?
    Why are you picking on GAA. Read the content of my posts. "...If you look at the above, while not condeming all members of the 3 cornerstone of Ireland...". We have 3 cornerstones of Irish society and in my estimation they are all linked and collectively over the decades turned a blind eye to wrong doing. So GAA members are supporting the Quinns. They do'nt see anything wrong with supporting Sean Quinn. Whats your point?

How are the Quinns trying to wrest cash from the "Irish State and people"? I though that their dispute was with a Banking Company or with Banking Companies.
    They have a half billion or more in assets hidden in Eastern Europe and the Ukraine, money that is owed to the Irish Taxpayer.

Twitter
    @

You seem to be insinuating that the people of Eire have their fair share of scoundrels. You are probably correct.
    A fair share? probably an over amount of 'scoundrels' for the size of us. But yes that is what I'm saying.

You are missing the point Burnout. The GAA is not an homogenous organisation and never was. It reflects Irish society as much as any other large organisation. The sole common denominator is interest in or participation in the games.

Twitter
    @

[QUOTE=Seanie Lemass;5845153]"... It reflects Irish society as much as any other large organisation. ..."/QUOTE]

And Irish society as a whole, has a history of turning a blind eye to wrong doing. You agree with me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Murphy View Post
    They have a half billion or more in assets hidden in Eastern Europe and the Ukraine, money that is owed to the Irish Taxpayer.

Why do they owe it to the Irish taxpayer? Did they borrow money from the Irish taxpaper?

[QUOTE=Burnout;5845163]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    "... It reflects Irish society as much as any other large organisation. ..."/QUOTE]

And Irish society as a whole, has a history of turning a blind eye to wrong doing. You agree with me so.
    "Irish society as a whole". If that is what you meant, why did you mention the GAA?

Twitter
    @

[QUOTE=Glenshane4;5845735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post

"Irish society as a whole". If that is what you meant, why did you mention the GAA?
    Read my post: 3 cornerstones of Irish etc / Politics, Church, GAA. They are the supposed stalwarts of irish society morals etc.

[QUOTE=Burnout;5845750]

Read my post: 3 cornerstones of Irish etc / Politics, Church, GAA. They are the supposed stalwarts of irish society morals etc.
    Supposed stalwarts? Why is the GAA a supposed stalwart? When did the GAA become concerned with morals? Individual members of the GAA have tried to involve it in preaching morality,opposing the siting of hospitals and motorways, in campaigning against the immigration laws of the USA, against the evils of alcohol, promoting the Irish language, seeking reconciliation in Northern Ireland, campaigning against the naming of roads in Northern Ireland etc, etc, etc. We in the GAA have a huge number of windbags with their own pet hobby horses - and many of them try to use the GAA as a platform for their pet causes.
    Last edited by Glenshane4; 4th October 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment