Register to Comment
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    No, I'll stick with the word 'fetish'.

And if the person is killed despite being mentally retarded or mentally ill, then I'll stick with the term 'judicial murder'...
    In the case of James Holmes, the defense won't be able to pretend that he has an IQ of 70 or below, so they'll have to take the "mentally ill" route.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Donnchadha View Post
    I know those across the pond are little squeamish on the death penalty.

My question is: Death penalty or continue to feed and shelter this vacant soul for the rest of his life ?

I see you clearly know nothing about how much it costs the US on average to execute someone.

‘Dark Knight’ shooting suspect James Holmes claims amnesia

The accused mass murderer keeps asking ‘Why am I here?’ a jail staffer reports.

Read more: EXCLUSIVE:

seems like a doped up MKULTRA victim if you ask me...

witnesses heave reported there were multiple people involved ..

how does a neuroscience student gain enough expertise to booby trap his apartment to an expert level?

Some of his relatives have ties to the dept. of defense and CIA

whole thing stinks to high heaven

from the comments section:

-Unemployed, college student somehow gets $20,000 in guns, ammo, and tactical gear
    -college student whose studies include neuro science and mind experiments (not weapons training) somehow rigs his apartment so good that it takes 2 days for EXPERTS to disarm it.
    -this same college student allegedly committed this horrible act and then walks out and apparently gets in his car and waits for police (I have heard several versions of this from the news some say he walked out and gave up and never made it to the car)
    -He then after allegedly booby trapping apartment better than MacGyver himself then told them he did so no one would get hurt (WHAT?)
    -In court he looks lost and downright drugged...if you watch his eyes it doesn't even look like he knows where he is
    -He then after a few days starts saying he doesn't even know what is going on.
    -There are multiple eyewitness reports of more than one person being involved and in the theatre.
    -There have even been reporters that I have heard that are questioning all of this information!
    PLUS the additional ones below in WHITENATIONALIST post that I hadn't even considered!
    Do they think we're stupid?

Last edited by rhonda15; 26th July 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    ‘Dark Knight’ shooting suspect James Holmes claims amnesia

The accused mass murderer keeps asking ‘Why am I here?’ a jail staffer reports.

Read more: EXCLUSIVE:

seems like a doped up MKULTRA victim if you ask me...

witnesses heave reported there were multiple people involved ..

how does a neuroscience student gain enough expertise to booby trap his apartment to an expert level?

Some of his relatives have ties to the dept. of defense and CIA

whole thing stinks to high heaven

from the comments section:

-Unemployed, college student somehow gets $20,000 in guns, ammo, and tactical gear
    -college student whose studies include neuro science and mind experiments (not weapons training) somehow rigs his apartment so good that it takes 2 days for EXPERTS to disarm it.
    -this same college student allegedly committed this horrible act and then walks out and apparently gets in his car and waits for police (I have heard several versions of this from the news some say he walked out and gave up and never made it to the car)
    -He then after allegedly booby trapping apartment better than MacGyver himself then told them he did so no one would get hurt (WHAT?)
    -In court he looks lost and downright drugged...if you watch his eyes it doesn't even look like he knows where he is
    -He then after a few days starts saying he doesn't even know what is going on.
    -There are multiple eyewitness reports of more than one person being involved and in the theatre.
    -There have even been reporters that I have heard that are questioning all of this information!
    PLUS the additional ones below in WHITENATIONALIST post that I hadn't even considered!
    Do they think we're stupid?

Is there any given situation where you prefer the mundane explanation over the convoluted conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Bit of breaking news from Denver, USA:

It is reported that ten are dead.

I just hope we do not go down the American response road any further than we already have.

When I was growing up in London, the Police were never armed. Just a baton and a whistle.

You might find this hard to believe, but in the 1970's a murder in the East end of London made the headline news. People were shocked back then at serious crime.
    Today, no one gives a monkeys anymore, a murder might not even make the headlines in the local papers.

Arming the Police has made things much worse. The criminals now tool up to make sure they can get away

There are more murders now, more attempted murders, more armed robberies with violence than the worst imagined nightmare.

America the free!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPaterson View Post

America the free!!
    Would you imagine that, in a free society, there would be no murders then?

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    Is there any given situation where you prefer the mundane explanation over the convoluted conspiracy?
    Romneys visit to MI5 looks very suspicious to me. And do you really imagine that the news about our oil find coming so soon after Ednas encounter with the flower pot was a coincidence? Good sources inform me that a man from the America embassy was in Tescos in Merrion buying a bunch of flowers and some coloured boxes...significant, eh? We will soon see the fugitive Quinn visting Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy to spill the beans about Aung Su Kyi And Hilary Clinton. If you don't see what is going on you are naive fools. Wake up sheeple!
    Last edited by IvoShandor; 27th July 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Johnston View Post
    Would you imagine that, in a free society, there would be no murders then?

indeed, Ron Paul put out a good piece on it recently

Security and Self-Governance

By: Ron Paul | Mon, Jul 23, 2012

The senseless and horrific killings last week at a movie theater in Colorado reminded Americans that life is fragile and beautiful, and we should not take family, friends, and loved ones for granted. Our prayers go out to the injured victims and the families of those killed. As a nation we should use this terrible event to come together with the resolve to create a society that better values life.

We should also face the sober reality that government cannot protect us from all possible harm. No matter how many laws we pass, no matter how many police or federal agents we put on the streets, no matter how routinely we monitor internet communications, a determined individual or group can still cause great harm. We as individuals are responsible for our safety and the safety of our families.

Furthermore, it is the role of civil society rather than government to build a culture of responsible, peaceful, productive individuals. Government cannot mandate morality or instill hope in troubled individuals. External controls on our behavior imposed by government through laws, police, and jails usually apply only after a terrible crime has occurred.

Internal self governance, by contrast, is a much more powerful regulator of human behavior than any law. This self-governance must be developed from birth, first by parents but later also through the positive influence of relatives and adult role models. Beyond childhood, character development can occur through religious, civic, and social institutions. Ultimately, self-governance cannot be developed without an underlying foundation of morality.

Government, however, is not a moral actor. The state should protect our rights, but it cannot develop our character. Whenever terrible crimes occur, many Americans understandably demand that government "do something" to prevent similar crimes in the future. But this reflexive impulse almost always leads to bad laws and the loss of liberty.

Do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, surveillance cameras, and metal detectors? Do we really believe government can provide total security? Do we want to involuntarily commit every disaffected, disturbed, or alienated person who fantasizes about violence? Or can we accept that liberty is more important than the illusion of state-provided security?

Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens' lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.

Internal self governance, by contrast, is a much more powerful regulator of human behavior than any law.
    Internal self governance was never going to stop James Holmes from buying fully automatic assault rifles. The only thing that would stop him buying such a weapon would be a law banning its sale.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment