Register to Comment
Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 78 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 879
Like Tree429Likes
  1. #271
    IrishTom IrishTom is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,542

    Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    The film you quote was a part of a ZDF news. It shows the general problem the guards have over there with unruly elements. These people are from many different nationalities- including Germany.
    There is no large scale violence out of ghettos towards the police. Smaller incidents-yes.
    Of course there are problems with Turkish nationals- but I would not say it is a one way situation. It takes two to dance a tango. Many Germans seem to have a problem with Turks- more than the other way round.
    Was living in Kreuzberg district in Berlin for many years- about 80 percent Turkish there. Never had a problem with any Turk- but heard many Germans shouting something like "Kanake" towards the Turks.
    Perhaps the Germans take offence at their immigration laws being flouted by the Turks, Turks have no automatic right to reside in Germany or any part of the EU for that matter.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #272
    IrishTom IrishTom is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,542

    Quote Originally Posted by bob3367 View Post
    Thats what he said on another thread.
    I never said any such thing you dirty filthy liar, I'm looking forward to your pathetic retraction when you realise you are talking shiite...again.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #273
    IrishTom IrishTom is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,542

    Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Che Guevara had an Irish grandparent...
    Che Guevara was a terrorist and a murderer, certainly nothing to be proud of.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #274
    Fritzbox Fritzbox is offline
    Fritzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    949

    Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Fritzbox- I do not have to justify myself here....
    Was in Germany for about 20 years, mostly in Berlin and the south-west.Worked in about a dozen factories- mostly metal, but also electronics.I got a very good bit around and still go over there a lot. I see things and meet people.
    My wife is from Essen...and she had a good laugh at your stuff....
    Olli, indeed you don't have to prove yourself.
    My main point is, Ireland has probably had more immigrants come to its country in the last 10 years than Germany has received since 1957 - proportional to their populations.

    You have your personal experience and observations - I would never take them away from you. My personal experience - all the staff, even the people stacking shelves, in my local Rewe on Rellinghauserstrasse are "natives" (I'm not blaming the Germans for this, BTW) And a typical supermarket in Ireland?

    Say "Gluck auf" to your wife for me...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #275
    Fritzbox Fritzbox is offline
    Fritzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    949

    Quote Originally Posted by amsterdemmetje View Post
    Fritzbox
    I worked in the Sheraton Hotel at Frankfurt Airport the largest hotel in western Europe at the time with over 2000 bed rooms, all the bosses were German and nearly everybody else were foreigners.
    I worked in an Hotel in Kilkenny a few years ago, "all the bosses were Irish(?) and nearly everybody else were foreigners."

    I couldn't think of a more alien, social/cultural bubble, completely removed from its local environment in the whole of Europe, than the Sheraton hotel at Frankfurt Airport.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #276
    amsterdemmetje amsterdemmetje is offline
    amsterdemmetje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,775

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzbox View Post
    I worked in an Hotel in Kilkenny a few years ago, "all the bosses were Irish(?) and nearly everybody else were foreigners."

    I couldn't think of a more alien, social/cultural bubble, completely removed from its local environment in the whole of Europe, than the Sheraton hotel at Frankfurt Airport.
    It might be that but by jaysus i had a mighty time there loved every minute of it . There is a couple of 24 hour bars there that we all would frequent, it would be like the UN on the piss some nights or days.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #277
    Fritzbox Fritzbox is offline
    Fritzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    949

    I like the sound of it, I might head down to Frankfurt for a job myself - my German's about pre-intermediate. good enough?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #278
    Catalpa Catalpa is offline
    Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    28,715

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzbox View Post
    Olli, indeed you don't have to prove yourself.
    My main point is, Ireland has probably had more immigrants come to its country in the last 10 years than Germany has received since 1957 - proportional to their populations.

    You have your personal experience and observations - I would never take them away from you. My personal experience - all the staff, even the people stacking shelves, in my local Rewe on Rellinghauserstrasse are "natives" (I'm not blaming the Germans for this, BTW) And a typical supermarket in Ireland?

    Say "Gluck auf" to your wife for me...
    I was in Berlin in the summer of 2010 - bar one or two exceptions all the staff who served me in restaurants & shops were German

    In one place though they were all Chinese

    - well it was a Chinese Restaurant

    Oh in another they were all Italian

    - but it was an Italian Restaurant

    I was served by an Indian or Paki guy in another shop

    EVERYONE else was German!!!!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #279
    Trampas Trampas is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,501

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishTom View Post
    Turks have no automatic right to reside in Germany or any part of the EU for that matter.

    ....although Turkey has had EU "candidate" status since 1999, and Turkish EU membership negotiations have been in progress in Brussels for the past 6 or 7 years. What do EU "citizens" think of all this ? Well.....the EU has stopped asking.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #280
    Spirit Of Newgrange Spirit Of Newgrange is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,775

    i will only happily spend my money when the employee serving me is irish. Taxi's, shops, bars, etc. If everybody followed suit......
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment