Register to Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Protestant/Catholic=Irish View Post
    Once you reply to them do't they have the sufficeint details to scam you though?
    If you want to play, open a new email account. DO NOT USE any account you get personal information on.

I have a number of email accounts. All of them provided free. mail.com, google.com, yahoo.com etc.

Open a new email account and use it exclusively for your scam of the scammers.

Also beware of false news sites that are exalting the benefits of products. This is the a scam to get you to agree to purchase the product forever.

Do not complete the I.Q test that pops up on some sites. It will ask you for your mobile number to give you your score but the very small print signs you up for a weekly fee.

Any new scams please post them here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

the 419 eater is abeauty, also it has been around quite a while.

If you want a very funny read:

http://www.bobservant.com/resources/Lions$2C+Gold+and+Confusion+SAMPLERpdf.pdf

http://www.bobservant.com/resources/Lions$2C+Gold+and+Confusion+SAMPLER.doc

I think it was on 419Eater where the scambaiter managed to convince the scammers to meet him (with the $150,000 from the Church Fund, of course!) in Singapore. And all orchestrated from a pay phone in a bar in Texas, as I recall.

But my all-time favourite 419 letter came from "Maureen Haughey, widow of the late Irish president Charlie Haughey".

She wanted some help with a financial transaction which is ongoing but which I am confident will, after a few unforeseen initial expenses which are minor in the overall context of the deal, prove to be extremely profitable.

Oh, and she wants to marry me!

Jesse Willms the Canadian scammer reputed to have scammed over four million people and amassed a 450 million fortune is going to be allowed to walk. He just bought his way out of trouble.

Victory! Or is it Victory? Jesse Willms Surrenders All to FTC Onslaught. | Strangely Perfect

The Internet World Stats claims that some 1,802,330,457 ( That close to 2 billion!) people use the Internet. That is a massive number of people, and with such large numbers of people, there will always be predators.

Organizations, legal and illegal, seeking to scam others out of money and sometimes their identity.

According to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center there has been over 560 million dollars lost to internet scams and fraud.

Back in 2009 alone, the number of people who made a complaint about a scam online increased to a whopping 336,655 complaints. And these are only the ones who complained.

I said organizations legal and illegal because there is a fine line here. Say you decide to take up an offer that ends in a few hours, seemingly saving you money and you decide to buy online. Hidden in the transaction may be the phrase “Have you read our terms and conditions” Tick here to continue.

That my friends is a legal contract, The terms and conditions may be that you are agreeing, not to a single sale but a lifetime supply at whatever price they decide to charge and, if you paid by bank debit or credit card, they will just take the money off you when they please. Some banks will do nothing about it. Buyer beware.

I posted about Jesse Willms earlier and he was one of the worst at this form of scam. It is worth a google search on him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment