Register to Comment
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post

I even told one fella I got 6 months paternity leave on full pay
    And he spent all of it propping up the bar!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The bill for the private sector actually going to work is now over 100 billion in loans that the country has to take out.

If only lots of private sector workers simply didn't go to work and do such a ************************ job in morkeshing/estate agent/banking/property, we'd have more of a country left.

Most of sick leave is because of maternity leave, but they will not say that because it is part of the agenda to villify the public sector.

Public workers paid double private rate in last quarter - The Irish Times - Sat, Mar 03, 2012

this headline is a blatent lie, but no one questions this.

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    Most of sick leave is because of maternity leave, but they will not say that because it is part of the agenda to villify the public sector.

Public workers paid double private rate in last quarter - The Irish Times - Sat, Mar 03, 2012

So post some figures (and their source) that show what the truth is. If what that article is saying is untrue and just part of a campaign of vilification then it should be relatively easy to debunk it. Or am I just being naive?

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post

Oh, and the report I found and posted (that is possibly the same mentioned in the OP) does not mention anything about maternity leave. It is sick leave that is recorded, which is what the article is about. Can you please back up your assertion that the figures referred to, e.g. 11.3 days average in civil service are mainly due to maternity leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle

Suggest you reread the relevant post.
    No need, I read it the first time, and its pretty clear he didn't say that there are full time PS workers on 188 a week.
    He did really but you're obfuscating as per usual. You must even bore yourself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by councilkid View Post
    Oh, and the report I found and posted (that is possibly the same mentioned in the OP) does not mention anything about maternity leave. It is sick leave that is recorded, which is what the article is about. Can you please back up your assertion that the figures referred to, e.g. 11.3 days average in civil service are mainly due to maternity leave?
    That's for the Civil Service, a tiny fraction of the wider PS. There are variances on how the data is collected across different sections I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    He did really but you're obfuscating as per usual. You must even bore yourself sometimes.
    Norrahtall, you yourself tried to strangle the point by limiting the question to those who are only full time.

There may be part time workers in the PS getting 188 a week I'm not exactly sure.

That's for the Civil Service, a tiny fraction of the wider PS. There are variances on how the data is collected across different sections I believe.
    Yes, I know it's for the civil service and I know the civil service is a subsection of the wider public sector. The point still stands, can nakatomi (or yourself) backup the assertion that the figures in the article mentioned are distorted by maternity leave and not solely sick leave?

Norrahtall, you yourself tried to strangle the point by limiting the question to those who are only full time.

There may be part time workers in the PS getting 188 a week I'm not exactly sure.
    you're wildly spinning Kev... spinning so much; you've no idea where you even started

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment