Register to Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

A Chinese Lesson from Little Lulu

This shocking scandal is all over the media out here in the Far East. I'm surprised it hasn't already surfaced on P.ie.
    It's of particular significance to Ireland because of the recent and growing chorus of morons proposing a blanket invitation to China, encouraging their virtual invasion and annexation of the country.
    I understand the anger people feel against the EU at the moment, given the manifest lack of concern for Irelands difficult position. But be careful what you wish for....

This video is in the public domain, and (as I said) is the subject of enormous controversy in this part of Asia. I hope the Mods do not remove it.

I haven't been able to watch the video all the way through in one go. Watching it all in one sitting is just too trying. However I have seen it all, after several sittings. You might want to do the same. This is graphic and not for weak hearts - be warned!

Chinese toddler struck by 2 trucks - left for dead & passerbys refused to help

I'll leave my comments to the next post.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Saw that today, sickening. That woman that just picked her up and threw her to the side of the road.
    Depressed the ************************ out of me.

The reason i heard for the people not helping her was that before a few years ago, someone was injured and a passerby went over to help and got sued by the injured victim for attacking them. it was big news in china at the time.

OK, if you survived that in full, I have a few points, and a few questions.

In previous posts I was asked where I lived. I declined to answer as it had no direct bearing on the issue being discussed.

This time, it does.
    I live in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is a huge and vibrant city. The New York of Asia. I find the locals here to be very civilised and decent people - although with the expected cultural nuances that make it DIFFERENT from the other New York (or London, or Dublin).

However, Hong Kong is not just about Hong Kongers. It is now in reality a part of Greater China, and the city has a large population of Mainland Chinese.

These people are a whole other story.

When I first arrived here I thought I was simply imagining the bad behaviour I felt I was witnessing. You might consider this a SMALL thing, and not worthy of the slightest consideration - but if you lived here, I guarantee you'd notice it toute suite, the utter DISREGARD for fellow humanity on even the most basic level.

If you attempt to walk down a street (or walk through the airport) in HK, you start to notice a peculiar pattern of behaviour. No one ever gives way.

I'm not suggesting the 'yellow man' should STEP ASIDE for Whitey - it applies in an equal opportunities kind of way. Nobody wants to 'filter' through the street traffic.

On the contrary, they'll walk into you, stop in front of you, step out of shops into your path without a glance - a kind of deadly game of chicken which in Dublin would probably result in a punch up.

OK, I can hear you say - YOU JUST A RACIST!!

Well, my wife is Chinese. So what KIND of racist am I?

Second - I've discussed this with colleagues - local and foreign, and they all confirm - NO I'm not imaginig this. It's for real.

So what exactly is it?

Well, up to now I'd decided it's a relatively harmless though inconvenient aspect of living in what is otherwise a fantastic city.

Now I'm starting to realise - this is actually a manifestation of a greater malaise in China (note-not Chinese, but CHINA) society.

What has created this malaise is worth discussing on this political website.

The Leftists will say - It's a manifestation of the contempt for humanity engendered by a cut-throat Capitalist system (as exists in China nowadays).

The Rightists will say - It's the result of decades of Godless Communism, and the dismantling of China's Civil Society by Mao under Marxist Revolutionary Principles.
    Maybe it's a bit of both.

All I will say is - no matter how BAD things are in Ireland, and even though I don't live there any more, I KNOW that the Irish people would NEVER walk over the crushed and bleeding body of a 2 year old child!

Be proud of that. Even the lowest scumbag in Ireland would not do it, I'm sure.
    You haven't lost your souls entirely.
    Dont!!
    Remember what you are worth, and hold on to it.
    Don't sell out to China.
    Trade with them - YES.
    Sell to them - YES.
    Welcome them as Tourists, and show them Irish Hospitality.
    But don't sell out. You'll regret it.

Little LuLu is struggling for her life.
    The van drivers (driverS - unbelievable - they ran over her with separate vehicles!) have been arrested.
    China is now considering LEGISLATION which would FORCE passersby to render assistance. Unreal.
    Last edited by YongHoi; 20th October 2011 at 07:44 PM.

YongHoi, It's utterly haunting but do you think there would have been a different reaction if the child were a boy?

That's disgusting, really disgusting. The more I think about all this the more depressed I get for the world. Soon we'll be half controlled by China (if you lucky enough not to be atm) and a bunch of lunatics in the tea party are about to take over the other half.

FILTH

FAILED IN LONDON TRY HONGKONG

Thats what I remember what was said about the lads in HK, HK is kinda like a gentrified version of the Mainland with a feel of the Empire.

Nothing like New York. Unless new york is full of chinese people all of a sudden.

Twin Towers, the child was probably indistinguishable as male or female after being run over. I don't know. Perhaps, but what does it say about the mentality anyhow, to let a child SUFFER for no reason?

Blacklion had a good point - there was indeed a case last year where a 'Good Samaritan' was succesfully sued by the old lady he assisted. She claimed he had actually been the one who knocked her down. Who knows? In that society MONEY is now the only god, and any kind of lying and corruption seems to be the norm. The recent scandals of tainted baby milk are another example (the formula was bulked up with formica powder, with around 300,000 victims).

There are other videos similiar to this one. I have a link to one showing a BMW X6 driving over a young boy four times and strolling away from the parked car (he reversed over the kid while parking).
    Another of a crowd beating a 9 or 10 y.o. Kazakh kid for no apparant reason.

I refrain from posting links lest I be accused of personal barbarity.

FILTH

FAILED IN LONDON TRY HONGKONG
    A rather stupid and irrelevant post. But you got to exhibit your 'funny' acronym.
    Heard it before.
    Yawn (who hasn't)
    The FILTH epithet is a BANKING one, and I am not in the banking/finance industry. I actually produce something.

My acronym would be SIDNEH.
    Succeeded In Dublin, Now Experiencing Hong kong.

A cousin of mine lived there for 15 years. Great city Hong Kong but the utter cruelty of the Chinese and their dog-eat-dog mentality was staggering. She told me there is no word in Chinese for cruelty that is comparable to the English word.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment