Register to Comment
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by im axeled View Post
    still, stranger things have happened, look how quick mrs robinson came from nowhere to the park.
    She was in the field and campaigning before either of the other candidates. It was the longest campaign in presidential history.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Dublin South East - SF
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by davehiggz View Post
    NO
    SF don't even have a candidate in DSE.

If FF were to lose seat most likely beneficiary would be Mannix Flynn over FG assuming Labour were to take out Gormley.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality bites View Post
    If FF were to lose seat most likely beneficiary would be Mannix Flynn over FG assuming Labour were to take out Gormley.
    Mannix Flynn is a definite possibility - forgot he would be in DSE.

Mannix Flynn is a definite possibility - forgot he would be in DSE.
    he's been dropping into Pembroke Rathmines in last wk. asking people to consider him in upcoming GE. Very clever little business card. he will have a good chance but I wonder how well being independent will go down when one considers effect of others such as healy rae & lowry. If ULA or SF had a more high profile candidate with record on ground in inner city would have a better chance.
    Last edited by Reality bites; 21st December 2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drogdalk View Post
    i think its incredible that 16 out of every 100 people will admit that they intend to vote for ff. on polling day i bet more than 16 will appear out of the woodwork, i just cant fathom it
    that me makes seethe with rage

Quote Originally Posted by culmore View Post
    time for Lucinda and a few more F Gs to get the finger out and become a team player and push for an overall majority for FG in the next election. The country needs a one party government with one policy for the future not a watered down policy any Colalation governemnt will produce
    I couldn't agree with you more. Should the inevitable happen, a FG/LAB government there is going to huge headaches regarding a programme for government with Fine Gael favouring a 3 quarters spending cuts and 1 quarter tax increases for the budget while Labour favour a half and a half approach to taxes increases and spending cuts. How many public sector jobs to be cut will be another factor.

It's unlikely an overall majority for FG but you can always live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    Should the inevitable happen, a FG/LAB government there is going to huge headaches regarding a programme for government with Fine Gael favouring a 3 quarters spending cuts and 1 quarter tax increases for the budget while Labour favour a half and a half approach to taxes increases and spending cuts. How many public sector jobs to be cut will be another factor.
    A deal will be done quicker than you can drive to the Áras - they might stage manage it for a few days but they will have no problem coming up with a programme of cuts and taxes on working class people to bail out the rich.

A deal will be done quicker than you can drive to the Áras - they might stage manage it for a few days but they will have no problem coming up with a programme of cuts and taxes on working class people to bail out the rich.
    Perhaps they'll compromise on certain issues. FG want 30,000 public sector jobs cut whereas LAB want 18,000. Maybe cut 24,000, a half way point behind both parties' aims. For the budget, I have the crazy idea that FG and LAB alternate their budget proposals per year, one year 3 quarters spending cuts and 1 quarter tax increases, second year half and half of tax increases and spending cuts and so on. Just a compromise idea of mine, obviously not going to happen in reality and I know some posters will attack my idea.

Apart from that tax issue regarding the budget, there really shouldn't be too many problems for FG and LAB negotiating a programme for government.

Quote Originally Posted by sumlulu View Post
    If FF and the Greens were standing in the national intrest they would call a general election.

The current incumbents are unfit to serve in any government, including a national government.
    true

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment