Register to Comment
Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Governments pay people to troll Political Forums

A couple of weeks ago the Canadian government were caught out paying a media group who monitor political forums and engage in debate defending their policies. It also well known that Israel pays people to monitor and participate in political forums around the world. How widespread is this tyoe of trolling around the world? How long has it been going on?

The next time you struggle to comprehend how someone could spend their time trolling the Internet in order to defend and downplay whatever government cover-up or abuse is in the news this week, consider the fact that they may be on a government payroll.

The Canadian government has been caught paying a media group to monitor online political discussion and respond to “misinformation,” in order words to spread state-sanctioned propaganda, in the latest scandal to hit the Harper administration.

“Under the pilot program the Harper government paid a media company $75,000 to monitor and respond to online postings about the east coast seal hunt,” reports News1130.

“The government has a lot of power, that it feels the need to monitor public bulletin boards, or places where people express views and then to respond to that, seems to me going beyond a reasonable action the government should be taking,” said UBC Computer Science professor and President of the BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association, Richard Rosenberg.

A poll carried on the News1130 website shows that the majority of respondents, 77 per cent, are not intimidated by the fact that the government is monitoring their online conversations, and would not regulate the information they post on the Internet.

Accusations that people who defend the seemingly indefensible in the aftermath of government atrocities, wars and scandals are in the pay of unscrupulous authorities, circulate on a regular basis. But the fact is that governments and transnational corporations have made a habit of using the Internet to spread propaganda by using individuals who pose as neutral observers.

The innovator of these “black propaganda” techniques was undoubtedly Monsanto, who as far back the late 90’s were creating “fake citizens” via their PR front company Bivings to post messages on Internet bulletin boards lauding the virtues and scoffing at the dangers of genetically modified food.

In the 21st century, governments try to harness the power of manufacturing fake consensus in order to dictate reality and justify their actions.
    Last year, the Israeli government announced that it would be setting up a network of bloggers to combat websites deemed “problematic” by the Zionist state following a massive online backlash to Israel’s brutal bombing of Gaza.

Israel’s goal was to flood Internet message boards in English, French, Spanish and German with their own PR agents who would attempt to manufacture a contrived consensus that the IDF’s actions were justified.

Like Israel, the U.S. military industrial complex hires armies of trolls to spew propaganda in defense of the war on terror and in support of bombing whatever broken-backed third world country is being targeted next.
    Canadian Government Pays Organization To Troll Political Chat Forums
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So Keith Mills doesn't just make money from that pathetic Eurovision site he runs

No wonder he and his Israeli terrorist friends are on here 24-7 spouting propoganda and gloating over the death of 19 year old medical student.

It's been striking how many new or returning posters the Flotilla event pulled in, and the majority of those would certainly be pro-Israel, which would seem to be out of proportion to the feelings of the country in general.

I'd be confident that the adults on the board aren't accuse people who have differing opinions of being government agents unless they have proof though.

I was paid by Sealand to spam this site, but they thought I was crap and asked for their money back

Sure Eurocitizen does it for Fianna Fail

anyone know where i can apply for these jobs

So Keith Mills doesn't just make money from that pathetic Eurovision site he runs

No wonder he and his Israeli terrorist friends are on here 24-7 spouting propoganda and gloating over the death of 19 year old medical student.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    anyone know where i can apply for these jobs
    Send a Private Message to Keith_M and his mates.

I am shocked!!!!

Couldn't happen here though...

;-)

I wish the government pay me, I will spread the good words of Brain Cowen.
    I mean the Taoiseach.

Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post
    Sure Eurocitizen does it for Fianna Fail
    Na, Eurocitizen is cool. But I suspect some of the FGers here could be paid by the government by making us hate FG more than them!!!

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment