Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chairman of our parliament votes to deny citizens full representation..what next!?

..I know this is sort of yesterdays news, but I have been away fro Pie for a little while and couldnt see any discussion on this when I logged on.

...I find it incredible and another sad refelction on our so-called "democracy" when the chairman of our parliament votes to ultimately deny citizens their full representation in the Dáil that is afforded to them in the constitution!
    The same citizens have been without full rep for 11 months now!
    I understand the political side to the scenario,
    however
    Seamus Kirk -Shame on You for failing the people of Donegal and the constitution in favour of your political allegiances to FF!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It's absolutely disgraceful and as far as I can see it's like the Government, including the Greens who harped on about democracy, giving a two-fingered salute to the democratic system which we hold so dear.

As far as I'm concerned the Greens are nothing but utter hypocrites and nothing will convince me otherwise now.

The apologists will be along presently to tell you that it was necessary so as to avoid precedents or other such waffle. The fact of the matter is that the Donegal vacancy is going on for 11 months which :

1. Deprives those constituents of the representation that they voted for.
    2. Illustrates that the Dail can function with less deputies.
    3. Shows that FF are scared out of their wits of these bye-elections.

On that note I'll also say that Kirk is even more biased than Johnny Cash was!

Quote Originally Posted by slx View Post
    It's absolutely disgraceful and as far as I can see it's like the Government, including the Greens who harped on about democracy, giving a two-fingered salute to the democratic system which we hold so dear.

As far as I'm concerned the Greens are nothing but utter hypocrites and nothing will convince me otherwise now.
    Take comfort in the fact that we will never see Gormley and co. on the TV after the next GE. No one who voted Green in the past that isnt a card carrying membner will be ever voting for them again.

Considering they wont be able to prop up anyone, I imagine they wont have any senators either. RIP the Greens.

It is an unholy disgrace, and underlines the imperative for a change to our Constitution to force govts to hold by-elections within a fixed timeframe after the vacancy arose.

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    Take comfort in the fact that we will never see Gormley and co. on the TV after the next GE. No one who voted Green in the past that isnt a card carrying membner will be ever voting for them again.

Considering they wont be able to prop up anyone, I imagine they wont have any senators either. RIP the Greens.
    Here here :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post
    ..I know this is sort of yesterdays news, but I have been away fro Pie for a little while and couldnt see any discussion on this when I logged on.

...I find it incredible and another sad refelction on our so-called "democracy" when the chairman of our parliament votes to ultimately deny citizens their full representation in the Dáil that is afforded to them in the constitution!
    The same citizens have been without full rep for 11 months now!
    I understand the political side to the scenario,
    however
    Seamus Kirk -Shame on You for failing the people of Donegal and the constitution in favour of your political allegiances to FF!

Hardly a big surprise, after all it's brought to you by the same folks who us "The Presidential Election That Wasn’t " .

I seem to recall the Greens wanting a maximum of 3 months to a by-election in the event of death or otherwise leaving a seat open as part of their political reform agenda. Total hypocrasy for them to vote with the FF to stop the elections happening.

That's three Dail TD's salaries we're not paying, and three TD's not collecting expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post

rest in peace mu @ss

Burn in hell muthf@ckers...
    more like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment