Register to Comment
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by X-ray View Post
    You speak now for all of the unemployed in the country also in stating they don't want to be in unionised employment?

Ryanair has no union and pays very well, so not having a union does not mean you have yellow pack workers. They have to pay the going rate or the jobs will not be filled. I doubt there are that many professionals on the dole that could step into healthcare jobs, there are certainly some but why they would work for far lower wages than anyone else is not so clear.
    Ryanair have no union so they have no issues ensuring that they get value for the generous pay they make. There is no deadwood in Ryanair.

Also I think you would find most people on the dole would be damn glad of a job any job because they appreciate the reality of the situation.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Ps pay = Public sector wage + cushdy pension + unvouched expenses and ps workers on here have the nerve to say they don't get a Christmas bonus like the people on social welfare.

As Eddie Hobbs says "If Carlsberg did pensions it would hard pressed to better the Irish public sector. Last week, the Government supercharged public sector pensions, reinforcing the common perception of its timidity in the face of powerful public sector unions."

Eddies Blog Public Service Pensions

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey321 View Post
    Ryanair have no union so they have no issues ensuring that they get value for the generous pay they make. There is no deadwood in Ryanair.

Also I think you would find most people on the dole would be damn glad of a job any job because they appreciate the reality of the situation.

+1 well said, most unemployed people are good workers ,and well educated, and would be glad of any job thats more than their socail welfare, just so long as it pays the bills thats all they want

Quote Originally Posted by neutral_lurker View Post
    Ps pay = Public sector wage + cushdy pension + unvouched expenses and ps workers on here have the nerve to say they don't get a Christmas bonus like the people on social welfare.

As Eddie Hobbs says "If Carlsberg did pensions it would hard pressed to better the Irish public sector. Last week, the Government supercharged public sector pensions, reinforcing the common perception of its timidity in the face of powerful public sector unions."

Eddies Blog Public Service Pensions

and the attitude problems in the public sector and their corrupted unions are giving out because of what exactly, going by these figures, they have financial safety for life, and yet the scumbags want more.

i know eddie was wrong on the foerign property thing, but he sure as well is right on the public sector cull the lot of them, ungreatfull wonkers

Quote Originally Posted by real kiltubrid man View Post
    and the attitude problems in the public sector and their corrupted unions are giving out because of what exactly, going by these figures, they have financial safety for life, and yet the scumbags want more.

i know eddie was wrong on the foerign property thing, but he sure as well is right on the public sector cull the lot of them, ungreatfull wonkers
    RKM -at least you are keeping it real.
    It has been said that you would need to be a millionaire in the private sector to retire on the same pension as a member of the garda.
    I love how they do like for like comparisons with the private sector on pay conveniently leaving out the worth of their pension sure even your man in the first FAS scandal, the head of the CIE negotiated 40 years pension service instead of a pay increase as he knows the value of it.
    Second Fas Boss in Huge Pension Deal
    The complaining about SW recipients getting a christmas bonus really took the biscuit though.
    Last edited by neutral_lurker; 21st October 2009 at 05:09 PM.

night night, dont bother getting up until saturday week if atall possible, and your trolling in our conversation, you see i have been on this thread almost since the begining, accept the odd break to go earn some private sector money,at my private till

Kevin loves using the term emotive and rant....Its his favourite words

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    And we'll bring the Govt back to the table and bring them to their senses...
    Silvio still part of the crusades, hate to tell ya mate, reality is coming! Roll on the budget!

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Rose of Cork View Post
    cutting the PS paybill and cutting PS pay are two different things
    Well if Labour want to cut the overall PS payroll costs without changing pay rates your options are limited. Are you advocating redundancies? Ending shift premiums, curtailing overtime, etc.??? And do Labour intend to implement such measures only with the agreement of the unions (which would take how long to attain given that the likes of Jack O'Connor continue to inhabit some kind of economic twilight zone)?

The bottom line is that the only way to achieve quick savings is by cutting pay rates. Faffing about with the unions over work practices will see nothing happen for months and we simply don't have that kind of breathing space.

+1 well said, most unemployed people are good workers ,and well educated, and would be glad of any job thats more than their socail welfare, just so long as it pays the bills thats all they want
    I fully agree I have friends who are unemployed who are highly qualified and are now applying for jobs in shops, my job may be gone in a few months and I could be in the same position as my mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Pay wages to people to provide services.
    The cost of service provision is not purely wage based... you do understand that don't you?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment