Register to Comment
Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 907
  1. #211
    real kiltubrid man real kiltubrid man is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by X-ray View Post
    impact have voted by a huge majority for industrial action, I think a sustained period of severe industrial action is now unaviodable. Cowen has made it impossible to talk to the unions now with losing face, one side or the other will have to win. He either cuts pay or its an election. I think Cowen will fall on this in the new year, many people are finanically finished anyway now so they have nothing to lose.
    A FF that destroys the unions is an unelectable FF, there is no up side here for cowen.


    fair enough its the end of cowen, but what about looking at it from the other side, you have almost 500k people unemployed who would gladly stand up to the mark and take a ps job whilst not joining a union, and being glad to even have a job, therefore in itself wipes out the need to even talk to any union, as the majority of unemployed are well educated and have the documentation including college degrees to take these posts in the public service ,and many may have already worked in the ps at some stage.

    also i think the other brian is just pushing cowen onto the sword so that the lenehan bros can take the wheel, and take all the thanks for rescueing ff and the economy, whilst going down in history as heros , rather than crooked barristers.

    i can also see the current ps employees who want strike ,turning on their unions when they have no food and no job as a result of strike, and i say roll on the day they tie up jack o connor and david begg on 2 sheets of ply outside the gpo and stone them ,because i will be first in line with a boulder, coming in for all the private sector companies these monkeys destroyed with their corrupt unions
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #212
    X-ray X-ray is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,158

    Quote Originally Posted by real kiltubrid man View Post
    fair enough its the end of cowen, but what about looking at it from the other side, you have almost 500k people unemployed who would gladly stand up to the mark and take a ps job whilst not joining a union, and being glad to even have a job, therefore in itself wipes out the need to even talk to any union, as the majority of unemployed are well educated and have the documentation including college degrees to take these posts in the public service ,and many may have already worked in the ps at some stage.

    also i think the other brian is just pushing cowen onto the sword so that the lenehan bros can take the wheel, and take all the thanks for rescueing ff and the economy, whilst going down in history as heros , rather than crooked barristers.

    i can also see the current ps employees who want strike ,turning on their unions when they have no food and no job as a result of strike, and i say roll on the day they tie up jack o connor and david begg on 2 sheets of ply outside the gpo and stone them ,because i will be first in line with a boulder, coming in for all the private sector companies these monkeys destroyed with their corrupt unions
    You speak now for all of the unemployed in the country also in stating they don't want to be in unionised employment?

    Ryanair has no union and pays very well, so not having a union does not mean you have yellow pack workers. They have to pay the going rate or the jobs will not be filled. I doubt there are that many professionals on the dole that could step into healthcare jobs, there are certainly some but why they would work for far lower wages than anyone else is not so clear.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #213
    True Republican True Republican is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,266

    Quote Originally Posted by X-ray View Post
    impact have voted by a huge majority for industrial action, I think a sustained period of severe industrial action is now unaviodable. Cowen has made it impossible to talk to the unions now with losing face, one side or the other will have to win. He either cuts pay or its an election. I think Cowen will fall on this in the new year, many people are finanically finished anyway now so they have nothing to lose.
    A FF that destroys the unions is an unelectable FF, there is no up side here for cowen.
    FF may actually gain some votes if they manage to sucessfully tackle the trade unions on this issue, there is a great silent majority in this country referred to as the private sector class who are fed up of the lack of realism and the entitlement culture that exists in the public sector, I hope the government makes public sector strikes illegal and seizes their financial and property assets of the trade unions, if not the IMF will come in and the unions will be able to nothing about any pay cuts, it doesn't matter whos in power PS pay cuts are coming and you better get used to it.

    GROW UP AND GET INTO THE REAL WORLD.
    Last edited by True Republican; 21st October 2009 at 10:24 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #214
    real kiltubrid man real kiltubrid man is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by X-ray View Post
    You speak now for all of the unemployed in the country also in stating they don't want to be in unionised employment?

    Ryanair has no union and pays very well, so not having a union does not mean you have yellow pack workers. They have to pay the going rate or the jobs will not be filled. I doubt there are that many professionals on the dole that could step into healthcare jobs, there are certainly some but why they would work for far lower wages than anyone else is not so clear.


    yes ryanair the bluffers of europe, buy a ticket for 0.01 to fly anywhere ,and the hidden costs will bvankrupt you before you even get to the airport, great comparison.

    there are professionals on the dole ,including members of my own family and im not ashamed to say it either, but i dont have the work for them it would mean leaving off my own employees, and your comment on jobs not being filled is tripe, what about all the people who applied to ikea, and they really oay a huge wage dont they, and they recognise unions dont they, yes and they are a private sector company like it or not may be foerign owned but still a private sector company.

    so please talk sense before posting, because this rubbish about the public sector workers being so great that no one is fit to replace them is entire rubbish, if 70% of the gardai had to run a mile a day the hospitals would be full to the rafters of middle aged men having heart attacks and over weight looking for cup after cup of tea, and any scam thats going down to line their pockets, thats what your public sector entails, and it is easily replaced
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #215
    real kiltubrid man real kiltubrid man is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    FF may actually gain some votes if they manage to sucessfully tackle the trade unions on this issue, there is a great silent majority in this country referred to as the private sector class who are fed up of the lack of realism and the entitlement culture that exists in the public sector, I hope the government makes public sector illegal and seizes their financial and property assets, if not the IMF will come in and the unions will be able to nothing about any pay cuts, it doesn't matter whos in power PS pay cuts are coming and you better get used to it.

    GROW UP AND GET INTO THE REAL WORLD.



    i second that ,very well said
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #216
    Kevin Doyle Kevin Doyle is offline
    Kevin Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,861

    Quote Originally Posted by real kiltubrid man View Post
    kevin go back to bed, you shouldnt have gotten up today, and when your lying down into bed again you should be singing that song ,


    WE DONT NEED ANOTHER HERO!

    and instead of we ,use they instead, it should make more sense to you and the rest of them on the sick

    easily known your not an accountant ,if you were we would all be getting fines for false returns and late returns
    Eh what?

    You are a poor quality troll, put me on ignore
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #217
    Kevin Doyle Kevin Doyle is offline
    Kevin Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,861

    Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    FF may actually gain some votes if they manage to sucessfully tackle the trade unions on this issue, there is a great silent majority in this country referred to as the private sector class who are fed up of the lack of realism and the entitlement culture that exists in the public sector, I hope the government makes public sector illegal and seizes their financial and property assets, if not the IMF will come in and the unions will be able to nothing about any pay cuts, it doesn't matter whos in power PS pay cuts are coming and you better get used to it.

    GROW UP AND GET INTO THE REAL WORLD.
    As rants go that one was as hilarious as it was disturbing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #218
    real kiltubrid man real kiltubrid man is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post
    Eh what?

    You are a poor quality troll, put me on ignore




    night night, dont bother getting up until saturday week if atall possible, and your trolling in our conversation, you see i have been on this thread almost since the begining, accept the odd break to go earn some private sector money,at my private till
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #219
    Kevin Doyle Kevin Doyle is offline
    Kevin Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,861

    Quote Originally Posted by real kiltubrid man View Post
    night night, dont bother getting up until saturday week if atall possible, and your trolling in our conversation, you see i have been on this thread almost since the begining, accept the odd break to go earn some private sector money,at my private till
    Ooooooooo Kay..... backs away slowly from the dribbling loon.....

    Converstation

    At least you had the temerity to avoid calling it a debate.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #220
    DeathKnell DeathKnell is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,029

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post
    Ooooooooo Kay..... backs away slowly from the dribbling loon.....

    Converstation

    At least you had the temerity to avoid calling it a debate.

    Once again Doyler gets an edumacation and backs off, deflecting by name calling.

    Back to work you lackey...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment