Register to Comment
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 ... LastLast

I really David McWilliams; he's intelligent, likable and is anything but a self hating hibernophobe, in other words he's the anti-Kevin Myers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    I really David McWilliams; he's intelligent, likable and is anything but a self hating hibernophobe, in other words he's the anti-Kevin Myers.
    Actually Myers/McWilliams would be something of a dream ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Actually Myers/McWilliams would be something of a dream ticket.

In keeping with the spirit of indigenous Gaelicism in this thread, I suggest we make them fight it out with Shillelaghs...

How about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Executive Steve View Post
    In keeping with the spirit of indigenous Gaelicism in this thread, I suggest we make them fight it out with Shillelaghs...
    Myers & McWilliams?

I'd say import a load of Irish-Diasporans with strong links here and have them fight against a bunch of Self-hating Irish Pro-Mass Immigrationists, the hills of tara would be perfect or Phoenix Park to substitute Clontarf

Leinster house on the otherhand would be more exciting, I'd pay good money to see that! Watch how easily one by one they turn on each other.

DaBrow=insane

Judging by your posts you are dilusional. You culturally belong in the 1950's. You have no connection with the vast majority of Irish people today.

Quote Originally Posted by finnharps4life View Post
    DaBrow=insane

Judging by your posts you are dilusional. You culturally belong in the 1950's. You have no connection with the vast majority of Irish people today.
    That means then that David Mcwilliams is insane and every other person in Ireland!

You on the other hand can't find a decent leg to stand on to argue with me, or anyone else that support keeping Ireland a country that is home to the irish people.

Come back little boy when you actually have a point to argue... That is unless you are actually Irish/care about this country
    Last edited by DaBrow; 25th August 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Today, Edward M. (Ted) Kennedy lost his fight with a brain tumor.

He will be missed, as are his brothers before him.

Unfortunately, under current Irish law, none of the Kennedy brothers would qualify for Irish citizenship.
    Yet, all 4 took incredible actions that should make Ireland proud to honor them with citizenship.

In times like this, one should reflect on what the law is, and what it should be.
    As Ted Kennedy said in his brother's eulogy...

"Some look at the world as it is and ask why, [others] look at the world as it could be, and ask why not."

I prefer to ask why not, the current generational scheme should be dropped, and a more sensible law enacted.

Racist discourse of DCU's president

Remember - we were to be an ethnic minority here?

See University Blog on Academic Tenure in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by pangur1 View Post
    Remember - we were to be an ethnic minority here?

See University Blog on Academic Tenure in Ireland
    Doubt it will ever happen, thanks for the link though.

Quote Originally Posted by JRMcNelis View Post
    Today, Edward M. (Ted) Kennedy lost his fight with a brain tumor.

He will be missed, as are his brothers before him.

Unfortunately, under current Irish law, none of the Kennedy brothers would qualify for Irish citizenship.
    Yet, all 4 took incredible actions that should make Ireland proud to honor them with citizenship.

In times like this, one should reflect on what the law is, and what it should be.
    As Ted Kennedy said in his brother's eulogy...

"Some look at the world as it is and ask why, [others] look at the world as it could be, and ask why not."

I prefer to ask why not, the current generational scheme should be dropped, and a more sensible law enacted.

In the spirit of things JR, I completely agree with you that on the subject that the generational ceiling on claiming citizenship should be scrapped.

However, I had admiration for what Ted Kennedy did for the peace process but politically I would oppose all that he stood for in his later life. It really seems that in order to remain in the democratic party, if you don't follow the party to the very T then you're either out or you'll be isolated.

I'm not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but I'm a person whom believe that someone should practise in private what they preach in public. What I've found with Ted Kennedy sadly in no way resembles that, quite the opposite and like our own crowd over here that is a cause of great disillusionment in believing the people you elect are to serve you & your community.

New England Liberals of anybackground and their attitudes today are destroying the values of America, I'm very sure that they would even destroy this country aswell more than the current stupid shower of idiots we've had these last 15 years.

I discovered his political stance on various issues and quite frankly I'm appalled to say the least at what've seen, the fact that caroline holds similar views too makes me think that the original supporters of the Kennedy's are now abandoning them in droves...

My family included
    Last edited by DaBrow; 27th August 2009 at 09:37 AM.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment