Register to Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Akrasia View Post
    I have applied for a number of these CE supervisor jobs that were advertised in the last 6 months, I have a MA in community Development and experience of managing staff and I haven't even been offered a single interview.
    You are far too qualified to work for those morons. With your qualifications you should be running the country.

A friend of mine works for FAS and obyained an MBA in business and has been rejected at least twice for Assistant Manager roles within the organisation. FAS will only promote muppets and yes yes people.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    You are far too qualified to work for those morons. With your qualifications you should be running the country.

A friend of mine works for FAS and obyained an MBA in business and has been rejected at least twice for Assistant Manager roles within the organisation. FAS will only promote muppets and yes yes people.
    In terms of CE Supervisor positions, you are not correct - as with most positions in the community sector, highly qualified people are applying for these positions and are successful in their applications. I do agree though, the being a CE supervisor is no help in progressing to FAS management. They tent to promote from within their ranks rather than from CE Supervisors, who are funded but not employed by FAS

Another useless waste of our hard earned money.. Fas Fairyland

I have applied for a number of these CE supervisor jobs that were advertised in the last 6 months, I have a MA in community Development and experience of managing staff and I haven't even been offered a single interview.
    All very well and good, but do you KNOW someone who will put in a word? This is Ireland.

And you wont either, these jobs are already gone before they are advertised! They just have to go threw the motions just to been seen to advertise correctly, that came from a fas employee who was not part of the clicks...
    He told me that was a waste of time applying for anything do with FAS unless you knew someone that knew someone. Sorry but this is Ireland thats why we are in such a shamble. Corrupt

Can anyone out there in p.ie land tell me why FAS retain the services of supervisors on CE schemes who are at least 10 years past the Statutory Retirement Age of 65. It beggers belief when thousands of hard pressed individuals are loosing the jobs every week???????????????????????????????????????

caveman

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Can anyone out there in p.ie land tell me why FAS retain the services of supervisors on CE schemes who are at least 10 years past the Statutory Retirement Age of 65. It beggers belief when thousands of hard pressed individuals are loosing the jobs every week???????????????????????????????????????
    Because they either have dirt on their local TD or the local TD owes them a favour.

CE Supervisors

Can anyone tell me whether it would be considered unethical to continue to hold the post of CE Scheme Supervisor after election to the county council when the scheme is based in the same electoral district, candidate is independent but it still means the councillor is determining the work that will be done by participants within his constituency and seems a bit dodgy to me open to allegation and abuse. Any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryp View Post
    " I would also like to know who appoints these supervisors and what qualifications you need to qualify. "
    Being a card carrying FF member is often sufficient.
    you have said it all ,FF to a man and woman .

Quote Originally Posted by selfemployedmar View Post
    Another useless waste of our hard earned money.. Fas Fairyland
    I'm currently on a Fás C.E. scheme and working in a local charity whose rules & regulations are stringent except when it comes to the C.E supervisor. 1,000's of €'s spent yearly on items which have nothing to do with participants development. Endless empty promises of training etc. Many unhappy participants on this scheme but if you want to exit with a reasonable reference you must do it on their terms.
    The charity is well funded by the state/taxpayers but seems to have no problem taking some extras via Fás.
    The whole thing stinks and i'm sorry i got involved with Fas (again). I tried other courses with them in the past and it was like the blind leading the blind.
    Fás=Probably the most useless organisation in the country

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment