Register to Comment
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

We want you, Mike

Unionism not good at building relationships - Nesbitt https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2018/...thern-ireland/

Former leader of the UUP, Mike Nesbitt, has spoken out on the possibility of a United Ireland in the future.
    During a recent debate at St Mary’s University College, Mike told those gathered:

I have heard you legitimately for many years express your desire for a new unitary state on this island, recently I have also heard people talk about protecting the rights of the unionist, British community, but what I haven't heard is, 'we want you’”.
    We want you, Mike.

We want all traditions in this island to come together for the betterment of all. Oh what a fantastic little country our island can become if we all pull together under a new secular island State.

The United Ireland debate needs to be reclaimed from the hard republican movement and be promoted from all walks of Irish life. The Irish State must also play a part by guaranteeing protection for those of British heritage in a new State.

Brexit is going to do untold harm to the North. Recently Varadkar quite rightly said that the Irish government will never again ignore our Northern citizens. I would extend that to all people of the North.

Come join us. Let’s make our shared island a modern, secular and strong economic State.
    Last edited by ruserious; 10th August 2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Media Mike needs to sit down with Oprah, she will get to the bottom of it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Media Mike needs to sit down with Oprah, she will get to the bottom of it...
    Jeremy Kyle would be more up his street

Twitter
    @

We kind of want you, as long as the Fermanagh Wan gets special citizenship....

You don't really want him (or them).

And if you do, what guarantees of/concessions to his Britishness are you prepared to countenance?

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Let’s make our shared island a modern, secular and strong economic State.
    The modern and secular bit here is key - we need to consign the religious lunacy of the past on both sides of the border to the rubbish tip of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapslaststand View Post
    We kind of want you, as long as the Fermanagh Wan gets special citizenship....
    He was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar when I met him....

Quote Originally Posted by an modh coinniolach View Post
    You don't really want him (or them).

And if you do, what guarantees of/concessions to his Britishness are you prepared to countenance?
    Despite the Irish flag being a great symbol of Irish-Orange potential, it is toxic to Unionists and I would be prepared to change the flag. I would offer the Green Harp flag as a possible replacement.
    I would also favour a massive decentralization of political power to the provinces. Each province would be responsible for education and culture so Unionists would have a large say in Ulster and have guaranteed cultural rights such as having the 12th a public holiday in Ulster.

I would have no problem introducing Ulster Scots as an official regional language of the Irish State. Signs in Ulster Scots as well as English/Irish in areas it is spoken.

Lets come together and plan it all out.

Couldn't FG give unionists 'ethnic status' like they gave travellers?

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Unionism not good at building relationships - Nesbitt https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2018/...thern-ireland/

Former leader of the UUP, Mike Nesbitt, has spoken out on the possibility of a United Ireland in the future.
    During a recent debate at St Mary’s University College, Mike told those gathered:

We want you, Mike.

We want all traditions in this island to come together for the betterment of all. Oh what a fantastic little country our island can become if we all pull together under a new secular island State.

The United Ireland debate needs to be reclaimed from the hard republican movement and be promoted from all walks of Irish life. The Irish State must also play a part by guaranteeing protection for those of British heritage in a new State.

Brexit is going to do untold harm to the North. Recently Varadkar quite rightly said that the Irish government will never again ignore our Northern citizens. I would extend that to all people of the North.

Come join us. Let’s make our shared island a modern, secular and strong economic State.
    Somebody needs a hug.

A UI is unstoppable, unless some "freedom fighter" again decides he knows best. If Pearse et al had stuck to writing poetry we'd have had it years ago.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment