Register to Comment
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 455
Like Tree234Likes
  1. #321
    tonic tonic is online now

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    48,839

    Quote Originally Posted by SuirView View Post
    How is this calculated?
    By reference to the NHS UK figures.

    Is there anything you do know about this subject?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #322
    SuirView SuirView is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,647

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    Yeah, simple ones like "don't end another's life, it's not yours to end", particularly not for reasons of your personal convenience as that's just a bit mean spirited.
    Very weak.
    Try again.
    Thanks
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #323
    SuirView SuirView is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,647

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    By reference to the NHS UK figures.

    Is there anything you do know about this subject?
    If you're so sure,
    Give a few links.
    Any chance of a reply to post #312 on this thread?
    Thanks
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #324
    SuirView SuirView is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,647

    Another important part of this is the amount of abortion pills that are bought over the Internet in this country.
    There is a prison sentence for this act!
    Weill "tonic"?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #325
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,702

    The 1983 referendum got it wrong. Pro life people were on a high and gilded the lillie too much. They did not even know there were two disciplines in medicine mental and physical and they put the word "equal" in there.

    Once even one woman died, the amendment was over, a second referendum would win because the first was a disaster. A less aggressive first referendum might have survived.

    Irish society has a priority pecking order. This means that the ordinary day to day needs of the people always take second place to the top issues.

    In the 1970, 1980 and early 1990s abortion was at the top. Politicians had to ensure there was no abortion. That is gone, to day its climate change. human life has no value, its the climate that has value. All that can be done now is hope the new laws are not to permissive and conservative should get back to putting traditional values priority.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #326
    redhead redhead is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,183

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    I'm not doing that in any way shape or form and if you think differently, make that stand up with an argument pointing out where I am doing that.

    You on the other hand are trying to make out abortion on demand, that's killing for no reason at all, can be justified, but without saying why, pretending instead that anyone has made the argument that a life already in existence can or should be ignored to save the life of an unborn. No one and certainly not me has made that argument.
    That's what I did in the post above.

    The moment you claim that the rights of an unformed, unborn foetus that cannot sustain life on its own are equal to that of a fully formed adult human, you are, in fact, showing disregard for that existing life.

    I don't consider abortion, on demand or otherwise, to be killing in the sense that you do, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect your right to cry and mourn over as many unborn children as you like, but not to demand that others do the same.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #327
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    That's a fairly perverted description of parents who love their unborn children.
    Well people like you who don't care about women and girls are fairly perverted.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #328
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    "Week 12 of pregnancy
    Just 12 weeks after your last period, the foetus is fully formed. All the organs, muscles, limbs and bones are in place, and the sex organs are well developed. From now on, the baby has to grow and mature.

    It's too early for you to be able to feel the baby's movements yet, although she or he will be moving quite a bit.

    Your baby's skeleton is made of tissue called cartilage and, around now, this starts to develop into hard bone."

    From the NHS, muppet.
    So remove it and put it in an incubator to grow and mature.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #329
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Canonizations are not infallible- we are not required to accept the Sainthood of anyone and in fact his making thousands of canonizations willy nilly the way he did has deeply undermined the concept of Sainthood. He said and did and allowed to happen very many things that were deeply hurtful to believing not just Catholics but all Christians for instance the whole fiasco at Assisi. If we was really what you are claiming how come Catholicism in Ireland basically collapsed under his leadership? Think for a moment.
    You could also argue that Christianity collapsed under the leadership of Christ, since by the time of the Ascension there was only a handful of followers left.
    Too many Christians use their feelings as justification for wrongdoing and hiding from the truth.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #330
    Paddyc Paddyc is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,203

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    There are many reasons not to vote for Fine Gael.

    What we know for certain is that 400,000+ people voted to oppose the repeal of the 8th.
    If that demographic can be persuaded not to vote for any Fine Gael candidate, the size of that boycott would totally scupper Fine Gael.

    The real question is can those 400,000+ voters be persuaded to boycott Fine Gael candidates. Is this one issue sufficient to persuade them to boycott Fine Gael? The only real leverage that demographic have now is through boycotting Fine Gael, and that may just persuade them.

    If there are others who disagree with Fine Gael policy on other issues, then it's up to them to organise their own electoral boycott.
    You keep repeating this
    If that demographic can be persuaded not to vote for any Fine Gael candidate
    ad nauseum as if it’s actually going to happen.

    Can I remind you that the pro-life vote was largely an elder, rural vote (not entirely, but largely) these are precisely the least likely voters to change party affiliation.

    Assuming that they break down roughly 40% Fianna Fáil, 40% Fine Gael and 20% other, just for the sake of argument, you’re talking about a maximum of 160,000 conservative voters who’ve spent their entire (lengthy) life despising Fianna Fáil.

    Do you really think they’re going to change party affiliation now, when Fine Gael, the party they've supported all their lives is on the cusp of a historic third term in office?

    You are living in dreamland and don’t understand Irish people at all. We don’t vote for single issue candidates, we vote for people who can get stuff done for us. Pragmatic politicians see the way the vote went and are quite happy to never mention abortion again. They'll pay lip service if a constituent raises it at the doorstep, but that's it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment