Register to Comment
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    I don't agree with the OP's position yet I recognise an OP where much thought has gone into it and it is well articulated. So why did you comment on it given you think it's mental, given the crap the mostly gets posted. Condescending twat.

Re the OP, I don't think there is much room for a religious based political party. Practice your faith, help others where you can, it's a private matter and the Church has recognised that it no longer has much of a role to play in politics.
    It starts off with a total misunderstanding of how democracy works in general, a misunderstanding of why the referendum was lost and concludes that the solution is a new Christian sect which is more restrictive that the current big 2. Putting lots of words around these premises doesn't make it any better.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    It starts off with a total misunderstanding of how democracy works in general, a misunderstanding of why the referendum was lost and concludes that the solution is a new Christian sect which is more restrictive that the current big 2. Putting lots of words around these premises doesn't make it any better.
    I think the idea is that the goal would be to overthrow democracy and replace it with some other system-the referendum which outside of the grave moral issues surrounding abortion in and of itself was completely self destructive given the Gaelic demographic crisis which is happening in the midst of mass immigration has shown that the majority of the Southern Irish population has now become unsuited for democracy and isn't capable of being involved in political decision making at all.

Can we have another thread on abortion please??

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy121 View Post
    Can we have another thread on abortion please??

Yes.

And you’ll sit there and read every post on it, and offer it up for the holy souls.

Under his eye.

I’d like to see a new party, perhaps the Irish Catholic Party, emerge to represent conservative beliefs generally but the main plank of its policy would be to reinstate the ban on abortion. It would be representative of Iona, Rena and the reactionary rumps of FF, SF and FG. Tobin for instance could feel comfortable in it. As would these:

‘twould be a great day in ould Êireann.

And for the rest of us it would be keeping them all in the one spot where we could keep an eye on them.

TL;DR, but in response to the title:

There is a new political movement from the results of the referendum, it's called democracy in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Why did you vote for the Mass Elimination of innocent Human Lives?
    If the PHLP Act only resulted in around 18 abortions last year then I don't think there will be mass elimination of sentient human lives. As for the fertilised ovums, they are no more living than frozen embryos. They do not have the capacity to make independent decisions in the world, are probably unaware of their own existence and do not feel pain before 27 weeks according to the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Anyway thousands of abortions are already happening by Irish mothers travelling to Britain, so they would have been aborted anyway. We're just ending the hypocrisy of pretending we are "pure" by making these women travel to England to do the same thing they are going to do anyway.

There was a report from a female BBC journalist on the rejection of the widening of grounds for abortion in Argentina.
    She sounded more like a supporter than a reporter.
    She said it had been rejected for now. But that the debate has demonstrated the growing women's rights movement in Argentina and this is issue is soon going to come around again.

Some referendums are more final than others

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    If the PHLP Act only resulted in around 18 abortions last year then I don't think there will be mass elimination of sentient human lives. As for the fertilised ovums, they are no more living than frozen embryos. They do not have the capacity to make independent decisions in the world, are probably unaware of their own existence and do not feel pain before 27 weeks according to the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Anyway thousands of abortions are already happening by Irish mothers travelling to Britain, so they would have been aborted anyway. We're just ending the hypocrisy of pretending we are "pure" by making these women travel to England to do the same thing they are going to do anyway.
    What about the hyporcrisy of saying it's ok to kill some humans because their brains haven't developed fully yet and they can't feel pain.
    If someone blew your brains out while you slept that wouldn't be OK, or would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    If they want to set up or re-organise a private lay group, I don't see the problem given that i see little appetite to embrace religion in politics, rather the opposite, as it should be.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment