Register to Comment
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Well I was a yes voter but I've heard all this before and I think the kind of people who voted no also tend to be the most tribal supporters of FF and in some cases FG (there are also some elderly SF supporters among them). So the same conservatism that causes them to vote for these people again and again will probably deter them from voting for a new party.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    The RCC (I don't know about other Christians) position on abortion is too dogmatic, end of. The fact is, with the S. Hallapanver case, it became clear that RCC serious adherents would only contemplate the ending of the pregnancy if her life was at serious risk although the foetus had NO chance anyway.
    The Savita story is a HOAX

- she died from medical negligence

- not because she was refused an 'Abortion'!

As for the OP good luck with that

- its a nice aspiration but I don't think its going to make any difference to anything much

The Medium is the Message as Marshall McLuhan once famously said

As the Media is overwhelmingly Atheist and in favour of advocating Abortion and Homosexuality

- then the recipients of their messages are likely to end up thinking the same...

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is their Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Well I was a yes voter but I've heard all this before and I think the kind of people who voted no also tend to be the most tribal supporters of FF and in some cases FG (there are also some elderly SF supporters among them). So the same conservatism that causes them to vote for these people again and again will probably deter them from voting for a new party.
    Why did you vote for the Mass Elimination of innocent Human Lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    No.
    Seconded.

Believing Protestants in the South from all I have been able to gather either completely shun politics as something worldly (this is something that since the Troubles ended an increasing amount of Evangelicals in Ulster have been doing) or else they have such a paranoid conspiracy theory view of things to the point that everything seems helpless.

A massive problem I would see with your otherwise interesting scheme is the fact that the majority of Priests and Bishops would be hysterically against and that would have an effect on a lot of the "Conservative" wing of the Church. You might get the support of some SSPX clergy but than good luck with them going along with having Protestants involved and they can also be quite authoritarian (I respect the SSPX deeply but they have their own problems).

I know people dislike long OPs, but this one’s really worth sticking with. Utterly mental.

An interesting OP
    But I don’t seen anything in that isn’t being offered by various small outfits at the mo, and there lies the issue: it’s a small market.

A party/movement that incorporates policies that any sex outside marriage is wrong and Catholics should go to confession once a month will be seen as irrelevant. That Ireland is dead and gone and those few that will sign up for it are regular confessioners and barely having sex within marriage.

A glorified Legion of Mary overlapping in parts with Iona and The National Party will have as little success as those entities do.

And in any case, like all Irish fringe movements, the 2nd meeting will be to discuss the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    No.
    Yazmina spoke about the fact that in the supposedly Catholic school she attended here the savage atheist kids tormented the kids who still attended Mass and trusted on Christ, even in some cases causing them to break down in tears. I have spoken twice to a twenty year old Irish convert to Eastern Orthodoxy who told me horrific stories of what she suffered in her secondary school at the hands of savage atheists. I also knew an Anglican Nun who got viciously assaulted by teenaged brats in a Dublin park who called her a child molester, etc, etc for wearing her habit. I am only now really beginning to understand the extent of the savage atheist problem in Ireland, and yes not all atheists are savages, some are very civilized, but we have a problem on our hands with the savage ones. We do need to form something like a Christian version of Hezbollah to deal with the growing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I know people dislike long OPs, but this one’s really worth sticking with. Utterly mental.
    I don't agree with the OP's position yet I recognise an OP where much thought has gone into it and it is well articulated. So why did you comment on it given you think it's mental, given the crap the mostly gets posted. Condescending twat.

Re the OP, I don't think there is much room for a religious based political party. Practice your faith, help others where you can, it's a private matter and the Church has recognised that it no longer has much of a role to play in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    You lost me at the Rosary................not for all the tea in china

Best of luck with it - I was in Renua once - their evolution would indicate you will find like minded individuals there - for the same reason I legged it.
    Evolution? They wont like that.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment