Register to Comment
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Should Women be allowed in the Garda, the fire brigade and the Defence Forces?

In principle I believe they should. But for the most women shouldn't, unless they can prove that they're just as physically capable of men. In most instances females are usually weaker than men. I understand these facts may offend feminists, but you can't argue with biology. For the most part men are taller and physically stronger than women.

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two types of push ups under a specific time correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Defence Forces Fitness Tests | Fitness Testing Centre | Careers | Defence Forces

Is it wise that we allow weaklings to join our front-line emergency services just because we want to achieve gender quotas in all fields of work? We're talking about life and death here after all. Is it right that members of the public are being protected by women who stand and 5ft 8 and weigh a puny eight stone? What about male Gardai who are forced to work alongside some of these women. Its hard to believe that these men would feel comfortable relying upon an average sized woman to protect them when $hit hits the fan.

I'm not opposed to women joining the above institutions, but what I am against is the special treatment they're given during the recruitment process. If women want to join the Garda, the Army or the Fire brigade fine, but they shouldn't be treated any differently to men. If my policies were introduced most women would be kicked out, because its evident that most of them serving aren't up to it.

Does anyone disagree with what I've just said?
    Last edited by Politics matters; 14th February 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I'd imagine so. Probably lots of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    I'd imagine so. Probably lots of people.
    Women should or shouldn't be allowed to join?

Personally I believe some women should (butch types), but your average woman isn't up to it.

I was answering the question you posed at the end of your epic OP.

This one...

Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post

In principle I believe they should. But for the most women shouldn't, unless they can prove that they're just as physically capable of men. In most instances females are usually weaker than men. I understand these facts may offend feminists, but you can't argue with biology. For the most part men are taller and physically stronger than women.

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two push ups correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Defence Forces Fitness Tests | Fitness Testing Centre | Careers | Defence Forces

Is it wise that we allow weaklings to join our front-line emergency services just because we want to achieve gender quotas in all fields of work? We're talking about life and death here after all. Is it right that members of the public are being protected by women who stand and 5ft 8 and weigh a puny eight stone? What about male Gardai who are forced to work alongside some of these women. Its hard to believe that these men would feel comfortable relying upon an average sized woman to protect them when $hit hits the fan.

I'm not opposed to women joining the above institutions, but what I am against is the special treatment they're given during the recruitment process. If women want to join the Garda, the Army or the Fire brigade fine, but they shouldn't be treated any differently to men. If my policies were introduced most women would be kicked out, because its evident that most of them serving aren't up to it.

Men of Asian and South American descent are shorter, on average, than men of European descent. Do you think we shouldn't allow men of Asian and South American descent to join the Gardaí, defence forces, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Men of Asian and South American descent are shorter, on average, than men of European descent. Do you think we shouldn't allow men of Asian and South American descent to join the Gardaí, defence forces, etc.?
    You bet he does.

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two push ups correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Another fúckin borefest.

thats a dumb response

If they can't meet the specified criteria, such as being able to pass the strength and endurance test, than no they shouldn't. If they can, of course they should be allowed join.

Quote Originally Posted by milipod View Post
    Another fúckin borefest.
    What's boring?

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment