Register to Comment
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Graham Linehan "right wingers have no imagination. It's why there are no good right wing comedians or writers"

so the great intellectual genius put out this tweet, does it stand up? does it matter? is it the win he thinks it is?

i'd be more in the meh camp, for every successful comedian for example there are a 50 living in bedsits slumming it in some minimum wage job, its not a great career proposition. As for his comment on writers, im pretty sure he is wrong there

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/931880210257141765

Graham Linehan‏Verified account
    @Glinner
    Following Following @Glinner
    More Graham Linehan Retweeted Otto English
    Well, as I like to point out, right wingers have no imagination. It's why there are no good right wing comedians or writers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It is a bit of a broad generalization to say you can assess someones talents just by the strain of politics they support.

Lefties love right wingers really. Without right wingers the Labour loving Steve Coogan would never have co-created Alan Partridge.

Is that why Tim Allen's successful series was cancelled by ABC?

I find Greg Gutfeld a very funny conservative commentator on Fox News.

That is a problem that is solving itself actually. The left is moving so far to the left that a lot of formerly left-wing comedians now find themselves holding opinions that are now considered right wing.

And an aside Linehan comes across as a really obnoxious piece of work on twitter , very intolerant of anyone who does not fully share his political views.

Also did I not read somewhere that he had given up twitter because they refused to ban people he disagreed with?

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    so the great intellectual genius put out this tweet, does it stand up? does it matter? is it the win he thinks it is?

i'd be more in the meh camp, for every successful comedian for example there are a 50 living in bedsits slumming it in some minimum wage job, its not a great career proposition. As for his comment on writers, im pretty sure he is wrong there

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/931880210257141765
    Obviously those 50 slumming it just didn't work hard enough.
    Or something

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    That is a problem that is solving itself actually. The left is moving so far to the left that a lot of formerly left-wing comedians now find themselves holding opinions that are now considered right wing.
    You see that with the likes Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Tucker saying they do not do certain venues anymore because of the PC culture which has got completely out of hand and people turn up for the chance to be offended and play the victim and protest rather than to be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    The same is happening on the right - PJ O'Rourke was and is bloody funny, but as the Republican party has drifted off towards the wild shores of Trump/Breitbart/Bannon, PJO'R found himself advocating a vote for Hilary Clinton in 2016.
    On the grounds that while she was wrong about everything, she was wrong in a more normal way than Trump was wrong.

Who is Graham Lenihan and why does he think he is a comic success ?

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment