Register to Comment
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Is balbriggan and jobstown an example of bad planning, a lack of garda action and proper integration?

I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs, while that may be true, is it really a case that balbriggan and other disadvantaged areas, that all this criminality is a result of bad planning than an actual race issue?

When these towns were built, they neglected to build proper services, now I know Tallaght has a big hospital there now, but that was not always the case, Tallaght is a huge place now, and very diverse yes, im not here to glide over this issue either, but is the problem really the fact that this is result of bad planning, a lack of proper services and a lack of an integration policy coming from government level?

If we are afraid to tackle these offenders because they are children of migrants, then this is a form of racism, everyone must be treated equally , even when it comes to punishment.

Another problem is that the gardai have no powers to arrest anybody who are attacking members of these communities, if they are under 18 - the law clearly needs to catch up and change!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Ah jayziz!

Okay so here is what I think, if you put a large population in an area that is ''forgotten about'' and built a huge area with the sole purpose of extracting money, and give nothing back, you reap what you sow!

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry tea View Post
    I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs, while that may be true, is it really a case that balbriggan and other disadvantaged areas, that all this criminality is a result of bad planning than an actual race issue?

When these towns were built, they neglected to build proper services, now I know Tallaght has a big hospital there now, but that was not always the case, Tallaght is a huge place now, and very diverse yes, im not here to glide over this issue either, but is the problem really the fact that this is result of bad planning, a lack of proper services and a lack of an integration policy coming from government level?

If we are afraid to tackle these offenders because they are children of migrants, then this is a form of racism, everyone must be treated equally , even when it comes to punishment.

Another problem is that the gardai have no powers to arrest anybody who are attacking members of these communities, if they are under 18 - the law clearly needs to catch up and change!
    I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs
    Which is false.

Tallaght and Balbriggan are products of different eras but many of the same issues pertain including local employment, public transport facilities (better in Balbriggan due to the Train), education and social facilities. Problems inevitably emerge when population grows quickly and there is a lag in the provision of facilities.

The irony of your post and the nonsense of the bigots on the other thread is that palces like Jobstown and Cherry Orchard had huge social problems long before there was any migration now Balbriggan has social problems that may include some young irish people born to non Irish parenets and suddenly it's a migration problem - go figure!!

Who said anyone is afraid? Secondly are you accepting at face value that the alleged offenders are 'children of migranrs'?

People under 18 cannot be arrested?

Okay so here is what I think, if you put a large population in an area that is ''forgotten about'' and built a huge area with the sole purpose of extracting money, and give nothing back, you reap what you sow!
    What do you actually know about Balbriggan?

The irony of your post and the nonsense of the bigots on the other thread is that palces like Jobstown and Cherry Orchard had huge social problems long before there was any migration now Balbriggan has social problems that may include some young irish people born to non Irish parenets and suddenly it's a migration problem - go figure!!
    I never said it was a ''migrant problem'' I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants , well that is a form of racism in itself, learn to read and discern what I said. I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.

I'm well aware that ''Irish'' children are also taking part in this, however I cannot ignore reports that are coming out that there is a lot of diversity in that area, and it may very well be a problem that these children are not being integrated properly, all angles have to be looked at, and not aggressively ignored for fear of racism!

Who said anyone is afraid?
    - So you are ignoring that there are people that are afraid?

I never said it was a ''migrant problem'' I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants , well that is a form of racism in itself, learn to read and discern what I said. I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.

I'm well aware that ''Irish'' children are also taking part in this, however I cannot ignore reports that are coming out that there is a lot of diversity in that area, and it may very well be a problem that these children are not being integrated properly, all angles have to be looked at, and not aggressively ignored for fear of racism!

- So you are ignoring that there are people that are afraid?
    I never said it was a ''migrant problem''
    I didn't say you did, I was referencing the debate on the other thread. You did highlight migrants more than any other issue though.

I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants
    Is there any actual evidence to supprt that contention?

learn to read and discern what I said.
    I can read and I replied to what you said.

I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.
    How many times did you reference 'white' children or children born to irish parents?

There is huge diversity in Balbriggan and it's a very good thing for anyone who knows the town. Balbriggan is also a little econmically deprived in parts with low levels of local employment opportunites. There was rapid population and housing growth over a short period of time with a time lag in providing facilities which inevitably leads to problems on the gorund. However anti social behaviour is something that is engaged in by many young people yet you are highlighting the issues relating to children of non Irish parents. What evidecne is there that alleged behaviour is being ignored for 'fear of racism'?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    It's quite easy to understand,

Send in hundreds of people who share no cultural similarities as you, no jobs, low education into an already deprived area then they will do what they have done in all other countries around the world.

The question is, how bad will it have to get before the government and liberal idiots cop on and realise what they have done?

My guess never.

Stick to the topic you clown and leave your agenda elsewhere.

Utter drivel. Of course the Gardai have power to arrest under 18's, hence the protest at the station.

We have one group of kids in Balbriggan hanging around doing the usual who for some reason went from naught to nuclear in attacking a family. Everyone knows who they are, the Gardai are (belatedly) dealing with it. Anecdotally I hear some of their mammies are very strict and traditional and now they have become aware of their kids behaviour have dealt with it themselves.

Kicking in doors is nonsense. Never happened.

Thankfully in the real world their ethnicity is irrelevant.

TACKLE WILD GANGS OR BALBRIGGAN IS DOOMED’

‘Tackle wild gangs or Balbriggan is doomed’ - Dublin Gazette Newspapers - Dublin News, Sport and Lifestyle

It was also acknowledged that issues around Balbriggan’s “ethnic diversity” and the integration of its migrant community were factors.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment