Register to Comment
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree422Likes

A Dog is for 2-3 Years, Not Just for Christmas 2017?

I saw this story on twitter, plus the woman who features in it, from Wicklow Animal Welfare, was just on Newstalk.

Older dogs are being traded in to make way for Christmas puppies | Irish Examiner

Young dogs - some only as old as two or three years - are being dumped in to shelters to make room for new puppies.
    It'd make you wonder should there be greater regulation on who can own a dog, but of course how do you police that?
    It speaks well for our society, and most especially for the example being set for children (who could end up dumping their own mommies and daddies into 'shelters' some day?).

Ultimately, there is only karma to rely on. And the hope in the old adage that some really will 'die roaring'.
    Last edited by Bea C; 29th November 2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So so sad. Heartbreaking. I'd love to beat the shít out of these people.

As a country we have a dreadful attitude towards dogs. Still tolerating greyhound racing for example. Barbaric third world stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    I saw this story on twitter, plus the woman who features in it, from Wicklow Animal Welfare, was just on Newstalk.

Older dogs are being traded in to make way for Christmas puppies | Irish Examiner

Young dogs - some only as old as two or three years - are being dumped in to shelters to make room for new puppies.
    It'd make you wonder should there be greater regulation on who can own a dog, but of course how do you police that?
    It speaks well for our society, and most especially for the example being set for children (who could end up dumping their own mommies and daddies into 'shelters' some day?).

Ultimately, there is only karma to rely on. And the hope in the old adage that some really will 'die roaring'.
    That is quite frankly one of the saddest things I have ever had the occasion to read online and a very timely post Bea. You'd really have to wonder what goes on in peoples heads to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Nal View Post
    So so sad. Heartbreaking. I'd love to beat the shít out of these people.

As a country we have a dreadful attitude towards dogs. Still tolerating greyhound racing for example. Barbaric third world stuff.
    We need Paul O'Grady to confront these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    That is quite frankly one of the saddest things I have ever had the occasion to read online and a very timely post Bea. You'd really have to wonder what goes on in peoples heads to do this?
    Some people simply are warped in the head.

Ireland is puppy farming heaven. Along with the remoter parts of Welsh Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    Some people simply are warped in the head.
    I wonder what they do with their kids when they begin to develop acne.

Pigs.

It is very difficult to understand the mentality of these people.

We are in a lucky position to have a couple of dogs in our family.

They are loved and are an integral part of the family.

We would be lost without them. Their individual personalities bring joy to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    Ireland is puppy farming heaven. Along with the remoter parts of Welsh Wales.
    Yeah but its tolerated. People are so uneducated about it. Buying dogs on Done Deal from farms. If a dog usually costs 900 quid, does the fact that theres one on DD for 300 quid not raise an eyebrow?

I suppose we can't expect much from a country that still supports greyhound racing and coursing.

“It’s a fairly new phenomenon,” she said. “I have only noticed it in the last number of years.
    Our culture is sliding towards making people disposable; why is anybody surprised that some would do it to animals?

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment