Register to Comment
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 426
Like Tree450Likes
  1. #351
    4horsemen 4horsemen is offline
    4horsemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,180

    This State's interest in the welfare of dogs and horses is revealed by the support for dog racing and horse racing through the Department of Agriculture! National broadcasters RTE and NewsTalk include these activities in their 'sports' schedules'.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #352
    4horsemen 4horsemen is offline
    4horsemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,180

    Quote Originally Posted by Dearghoul View Post
    Interesting to note the the Republic has a small print requirement for pet passports now, and though it's not enforced, it could be, at any time at the discretion of a customs officer at the port of disembarking.
    I dislike showjumping but have long thought the medals awarded in the Olympics should go to the horse(after all they are the ones tested for drugs) and their country of birth/origin.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #353
    Bea C Bea C is offline
    Bea C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    24,429

    Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    This State's interest in the welfare of dogs and horses is revealed by the support for dog racing and horse racing through the Department of Agriculture! National broadcasters RTE and NewsTalk include these activities in their 'sports' schedules'.
    In recent months I contacted Radio Kerry to express how unfair I regarded it to the footballers, hurlers, etc to have coursing categorised as a sport on their site.
    I'm still awaiting a response.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #354
    Mickey Mouse Country Mickey Mouse Country is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    I'm actually writing a speech about all of this at the moment.
    The British put us totally to shame as a society where these things are concerned.
    Best of luck with that.

    I also saw this if it's any good, a possible first move to curb game shooting in the UK.

    Exclusive: Theresa May's new 10 Downing Street environmental adviser accused of plotting 'war' on field sports
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #355
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,321

    Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    This State's interest in the welfare of dogs and horses is revealed by the support for dog racing and horse racing through the Department of Agriculture! National broadcasters RTE and NewsTalk include these activities in their 'sports' schedules'.
    they only show greyhound racing once a year and that is only for one hour but horse racing is on or at least advertised every week and tv3 is showing a lot of horse racing but no greyhound racing as a matter of fact there hasnt been an advertisement for greyhound racing for years on any irish television.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #356
    Mickey Mouse Country Mickey Mouse Country is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by offalypat View Post
    they only show greyhound racing once a year and that is only for one hour but horse racing is on or at least advertised every week and tv3 is showing a lot of horse racing but no greyhound racing as a matter of fact there hasnt been an advertisement for greyhound racing for years on any irish television.
    What do you think the reaction would be if they televised coursing? In fact, why isn't this 'sport' televised like most other sports?
    Why aren't supporters of this important "sport" campaigning to have it televised like most other sports are?

    Instead, officials go to extreme lengths to ensure no filming, why is that?

    I'd be very happy to see it televised and then have the relevant Minister explain that the government essentially funds this 'sport' via the Greyhound Board. And as I've said before, isn't it the case that for a greyhound to race at a track, it has to be registered with the Irish Coursing Club?
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse Country; 4th January 2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #357
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Country View Post
    What do you think the reaction would be if they televised coursing? In fact, why isn't this 'sport' televised like most other sports?
    Instead, officials go to extreme lengths to ensure no filming, why is that?

    Why aren't supporters of this important "sport" campaigning to have it televised like most other sports are?

    I'd be very happy to see it televised and then have the relevant Minister explain that the government essentially funds this 'sport' via the Greyhound Board. And as I've said before, isn't it the case that for a greyhound to race at a track, it has to be registered with the Irish Coursing Club?
    one of the best loved and funniest films is man about dog and it was shown over the christmas.as for hare coursing can you tell me for fact how many hares were killed in our coursing fields last year i wont ask you about this year because it is not over yet.now when you come up with your figure see how it compares with the FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND HARES THAT ARE SHOT IN THE UK EVERY YEAR AND BEAR IN MIND HOW LONG IT IS SINCE HARE COURSING HAS BEEN BANNED OVER THERE AND THE POPULATION OF HARES ARE DECLINING AT ALARMING RATES EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO COURSING.when will they show the race horses being PUT down at our and u.k horse racing after a fall at our lawdy daw race courses what would people think of that if it was shown instead of covering it up.
    Last edited by offalypat; 3rd January 2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #358
    Mickey Mouse Country Mickey Mouse Country is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by offalypat View Post
    how many hares were killed in our coursing fields.
    Show it on tv and I'll be able to tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by offalypat View Post
    what would people think of that if it was shown instead of covering it up.
    The way supporters try to cover up the premeditated cruelty in coursing?
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse Country; 4th January 2018 at 12:00 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #359
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Country View Post
    Show it on tv and I'll be able to tell you.



    The way supporters try to cover up the premeditated cruelty in coursing?
    stick to the facts or if you are man enough meet me and we can travel together to any coursing meeting and you can count the hares that are killed and you can paste the result up on this site and then i could arrange for the two of us to go where the fox hounds are being hunted and we can stand outside a wood or grove where the men with the guns are ready with the orders to shoot any hare that comes their way and again you could put the result up on this site for everyone to see thats if you have the guts to face the thruth and then continue our journey to the horse racing and we could watch and see how many horses are killed or badly injured not to mention the jockeys and you could put that result up on this site so as they say its time to put up or shut up its up to you.
    Last edited by offalypat; 4th January 2018 at 12:31 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #360
    Dearghoul Dearghoul is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,126

    Quote Originally Posted by offalypat View Post
    one of the best loved and funniest films is man about dog and it was shown over the christmas.as for hare coursing can you tell me for fact how many hares were killed in our coursing fields last year i wont ask you about this year because it is not over yet.now when you come up with your figure see how it compares with the FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND HARES THAT ARE SHOT IN THE UK EVERY YEAR AND BEAR IN MIND HOW LONG IT IS SINCE HARE COURSING HAS BEEN BANNED OVER THERE AND THE POPULATION OF HARES ARE DECLINING AT ALARMING RATES EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO COURSING.when will they show the race horses being PUT down at our and u.k horse racing after a fall at our lawdy daw race courses what would people think of that if it was shown instead of covering it up.
    Where do you get your figures from Pat?

    The population of the Brown Hare in the UK is estimated at 700,000.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment