Register to Comment
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Like Tree422Likes

Quote Originally Posted by offalypat View Post
    i know that one day i was in a meat knackery in tipperary with a guy and yer man said about the heap of dead horses in a pile that had been put down is there could be a couple of millions worth there but they werent good enough for racing but sure some of them will prob be going around shelbourne park shortly in a greyhounds belly.
    That's what happens when you use animals for profit. They become a commodity not a living being.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    That's what happens when you use animals for profit. They become a commodity not a living being.
    if you ever had or ever have a greyhound you wont be long finding out that there is no profit in having them but you will learn a lot about the real things in life by having one.

if you ever had or ever have a greyhound you wont be long finding out that there is no profit in having them but you will learn a lot about the real things in life by having one.
    They're lovely dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    They're lovely dogs.
    they really are and every greyhound has a different character about and as a greyhound owner who really looks after them so much so that one particular retired greyhound trust often ring or call to me to see if i had one for very special people because they know they are getting one thats looked after and well mannered.but the over paid crowd in the greyhound board could do an awful lot more to look after the welfare of the greyhounds did you know that greyhounds that would never win a race in ireland would win lots in england because of the fairer grading system.

they really and every greyhound has a different character about and as a greyhound owner who really looks after them so much so that one particular retired greyhound trust often ring or call to me to see if i had one for very special people because they know they are getting one thats looked after and well mannered.
    I'd love a nice black one .

If you engage in an activity and it is not essential to you eg eating and it involves cruelty to animals - shouldn't you desist from supporting that activity?

There is a whole chain of people involved in every activity that involves cruelty to animals from staff to owners/businessmen and customers and middle men. Can any of them excuse themselves from responsibility for that cruelty?

I think not and therefore the fingerprint of animal cruelty is saturated in every corner of human civilisation. I think we need to be honest about that. There is a spectrum from the person who buys a chicken to the scum who fights with dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nal View Post
    Check if its chipped. Most vets have access to the database.
    Will do..

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    Will do..
    Or will at least try and do, the cat doesn't seem to trust me to much....
    which is fair enough, my little terrier does not be having happy thoughts re this cat..
    Now given time and effort my terrier and this cat may get along swimmingly.. lots of cats and dogs do. But ideally I'd like to give this cat a decent home..

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    Or will at least try and do, the cat doesn't seem to trust me to much....
    which is fair enough, my little terrier does not be having happy thoughts re this cat..
    Now given time and effort my terrier and this cat may get along swimmingly.. lots of cats and dogs do. But ideally I'd like to give this cat a decent home..
    The cat and dog will get alone fine. Its cats who don't like each other.

ICABS has tweeted how Sinn Fein has decided to oppose state support for the Irish greyhound industry!

https://twitter.com/banbloodsports/s...48447510171648

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment