Register to Comment
Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1030Likes

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    "Womyn" is an awkward term, why not use the neutral Irish word 'bean' (sig.), 'mná (plu.).

Not a 'fear' in sight
    Fir fughs sake
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    Exactly, I have thought in recent times that opening doors for women might been seen by some (a small minority I reckon but nevertheless...) as insulting behaviour.

I wonder has anyone else thought that?
    tradition versus modern thinking, if you see a man or woman driver at the side of the road with a puncture , either stop for both or don't stop for either, that would be the equality perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Sadly there's a real danger that too many women will start believing that everything bad that every happened them because they're female.

I even see it among my siblings - one sister, not too bright and lazy as sin but full of her own self-importance - has convinced herself that she's still doing the same job she's been doing for 5 years because she's being discriminated against as a female, despite the fact that males AND females have been promoted around her in the meantime.

I'm not saying she's typical, but as long as she's happy to blame "misogyny" for her lack of career progression she's liable to ignore all the good advice she gets in her bi-annual performance management assessments.
    I hear you. I've even seen this with my mother after the Weinstein thing, it's like open season on men, any accusation, no matter how ludicrous, no matter if there's no evidence, is to be accepted verbatim. It's beginning to feel a bit like the 21st century Salem witch trials. I let her rant the other day and when she'd finished I tried to put it in context for her and asked her what if some crazy bint came forward and lied about my dad or my brother or my husband and she didn't have an answer for that. People really need to stop treating us women as though we are weak simpletons, people really need to start teaching their daughters to fight their own corners and not be victims, they should probably make sure that their sons don't buy into the nonsense that by being male they are somehow some kind of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Sadly there's a real danger that too many women will start believing that everything bad that every happened them because they're female.

I even see it among my siblings - one sister, not too bright and lazy as sin but full of her own self-importance - has convinced herself that she's still doing the same job she's been doing for 5 years because she's being discriminated against as a female, despite the fact that males AND females have been promoted around her in the meantime.

I'm not saying she's typical, but as long as she's happy to blame "misogyny" for her lack of career progression she's liable to ignore all the good advice she gets in her bi-annual performance management assessments.
    But discrimination against women in jobs in real - a single anecdote does not change that. Here are two anecdotes of my own.

A senior manager in a company I worked for told that that when the first woman came to them in a supervisor selection process, they made things really hard for her. Only when she turned into a brilliant manager did he recognise that he had been unconsciously biased all along.

I remember my own daughter was on a very good schools quiz team all bright young 14 year olds - until they went to a big table quiz competition. Half the questions were about sports, and (you guessed it) about male sports. They did not do well because they did not know who Denis Irwin was, or who won the European Cup. I will never forget their faces. Only a small thing, but at 14 they had found "Yes, Virginia, there is a Glass Ceiling".

WTF? So the very first item on her nutty list is:

Overcome your own transphobia. Trans women are women. Trans men are men.
    Literally none of the recent controversy has involved trans people, but apparently, the single most important thing men can do is to pretend that certain men who say they are women actually are women. That'll definitely help.

Here's a response article to this mad nonsense: https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2...ter-feminists/

No. 1
    Overcome your own transphobia. Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Accept the lived truth of NB and GNC people, whether or not they are women
    Can trans men and women accept that I will address them as they wish as i'm polite and don't want to offend but I can not believe you can totally change your sex.

From the article:

'Deprogram your beliefs about thinness being an optimal state of feminine beauty. Deprogram your beliefs that your desire matters in determining a woman’s worth'.

Men can't simply deprogram themselves of this. Men have always been more physically attracted to quite thin women of child bearing age.

Allow feminazi's to flood the country with men from third world countries.

The problem with the equality train is that it promotes the notion that women should behave just like men.
    Ye had the opportunity sisters to make equality something that elevated us all, instead you chose to lad it up, and tottered drunkenly over on your high heels and fell into the gutter with the boys, which you're only now discovering, isn't a great place to star gaze from.
    Now we have a reaction that suggests women, instead of accepting the risks and responsibilities of absolute freedom, wish to keep the freedoms, but accept none of the responsibilities as they wish for a paternalistic hand to shield them from such and thus we get this weird sort of neo-Victorianism in which women are to be treated as delicate flowers with no responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    No. 1

Can trans men and women accept that I will address them as they wish as i'm polite and don't want to offend but I can not believe you can totally change your sex.
    Ah, you're one of those transphobic old-timers who believes in biology I see. Don't you understand how you're oppressing women and upholding patriarchy, you cis sh1tlord!

Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment