Register to Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

How Will the Non White Irish Fare into the Future Here?

Firstly, let me preface this thread by saying what a relief it is to see a much more diverse population here, when I was growing up there were the only people who were 'different' were 2 Prods in my class and one of them was a knacker and the other was a pompous snob without academic ability, who went on to hold a 100K national post!

But my question is based on Ireland being a hugely class based society and is asking how will people who don't conform to the stereotype Irish Man/ Irish Woman get on and advance.
    Passing through my local university there are obviously now thankfully, a few more students of colour but they seem to congregate together in the canteen.

My guess is that if you are of colour and not from a middle class background, I would be fairly sure you're future here will pan out like other working class folk, especially outside the Pale.
    You may benefit slightly, because you may be found as more attractive by some and also when some D4 bubbled clown in The Irish Times and a few nuns discover that employment rates for your group may be a bit lower, so quotas will be introduced.

On the other our eastern European friends born here will have substantial advantages e.g. their home language as a leaving cert subject and a huge propensity to think in strategic terms.

So what are your views?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Time will tell.

After all the Brazilians in Gort we didn't get one decent footballer out of them.

They will be subject to the usual Identity Politics the Left have used in places like the US.

There will be a lot more of the non working class. Walk around Dublin and you see the unemployed(or unemployable) Irish walking around with 4-5 kids swinging out of them, same for a lot of Africans. I ,personally, dont see things ending well.

They will continue to work hard and improve their lives.
    They will need to because they will get no help from the leftists with their identity politics.
    Their identity isn't sexy enough.
    A complement really as they refuse to play the victim card so beloved of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    They will be subject to the usual Identity Politics the Left have used in places like the US.
    The Right also used Identity Politics in the US, it's called the Southern Strategy and has been ongoing for four decades now.

Perhaps so many Africans and people from the Middle East will come in and replace the Irish working classes with Asylum seekers thus forcing the working class Irish to emigrate to Africa and the Middle East which we will then transform into very successful and prosperous countries. At that point the ''new Irish'' will suddenly be oppressed/terrorised by something that will mean they need to return to their home countries thus resulting in the Irish returning home and when they've screwed up Africa and the Middle East the ''new Irish'' will want to return and repeat the cycle. It sounds far fetched and I'm joking, but it could actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    There will be a lot more of the non working class. Walk around Dublin and you see the unemployed(or unemployable) Irish walking around with 4-5 kids swinging out of them, same for a lot of Africans. I ,personally, dont see things ending well.
    Really you don't think they might just be mothers out shopping with their kids?

Those who integrate, work hard and value education for their kids will do well and some very well. Those who don't won't and will be takers all their lives.
    Last edited by Northsideman; 23rd October 2017 at 06:14 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment