Register to Comment
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dingle View Post
    Firstly, let me preface this thread by saying what a relief it is to see a much more diverse population here, when I was growing up there were the only people who were 'different' were 2 Prods in my class and one of them was a knacker and the other was a pompous snob without academic ability, who went on to hold a €100K national post!

But my question is based on Ireland being a hugely class based society and is asking how will people who don't conform to the stereotype Irish Man/ Irish Woman get on and advance.
    Passing through my local university there are obviously now thankfully, a few more students of colour but they seem to congregate together in the canteen.

My guess is that if you are of colour and not from a middle class background, I would be fairly sure you're future here will pan out like other working class folk, especially outside the Pale.
    You may benefit slightly, because you may be found as more attractive by some and also when some D4 bubbled clown in The Irish Times and a few nuns discover that employment rates for your group may be a bit lower, so quotas will be introduced.

On the other our eastern European friends born here will have substantial advantages e.g. their home language as a leaving cert subject and a huge propensity to think in strategic terms.

So what are your views?
    The Africans and Arabs will continue to have massive rates of welfare dependency and their children will likely be the same and vote for hard left parties or SF in order to get even more benefits.
    The Indians and Pakistanis, Chinese and Philipinos will continue to work hard and their children will all be well educated and successful and all vote for FG.
    The Poles and other Europeans will all continue to work hard and their children will be well educated and successful and all vote FG.
    If the economy tanks the Africans and Arabs will stay as they wouldn't get such a dole anywhere else but the rest will leave as they are citizens of the world.
    Last edited by galteeman; 23rd October 2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    Because we keep being beaten with the stick of diversity. The message we're being fed is white person bad, dark skinned people good.
    I'm sorry that you are made uncomfortable by seeing people who don't look like you in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Degeneration X View Post
    Because Right wingers invented it around the time of the Civil Rights movement.
    Identity Politics: The controversial political ideology that suggests that people who aren't straight white men have identities too.

I think Pakie Bonner will have to change his name or Donegal will be in trouble from all the city slickers who wet their knickers (male or female) at the slightest whiff of Islamophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by galteeman View Post
    The Africans and Arabs will continue to have massive rates of welfare dependency and their children will likely be the same and vote for hard left parties or SF in order to get even more benefits.
    The Indians and Pakistanis, Chinese and Philipinos will continue to work hard and their children will all be well educated and successful and all vote for FG.
    The Poles and other Europeans will all continue to work hard and their children will be well educated and successful and all vote FG.
    If the economy tanks the Africans and Arabs will stay as they wouldn't get such a dole anywhere else but the rest will leave as they are citizens of the world.
    Lol...

Which party is it that raised the Dole in each of its last 2 budgets? Labour must have been holding them back before then

who gives a ************************ about diversity? its the type of person that matters.

no, the home language will disappear after the second generation. just look at polish, thankfully it is becoming extinct in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    Because we keep being beaten with the stick of diversity. The message we're being fed is white person bad, dark skinned people good.

Black MSNBC host accused of racism towards Irish by AOH

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    There will be a lot more of the non working class. Walk around Dublin and you see the unemployed(or unemployable) Irish walking around with 4-5 kids swinging out of them, same for a lot of Africans. I ,personally, dont see things ending well.
    How do you know who is unemployed?

Is it cause they're black?

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    How do you know who is unemployed?

Is it cause they're black?
    reread it and try to comprehend what he said.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment