Register to Comment
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010
Like Tree330Likes

Argentina are a shoe-in for 2027, it seems!

If we bid for 2031, we might have WiFi nationwide by then!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    While I hope we get it

- would not making a joint bid with Scotland and Wales not carry more Clout?
    You might have got that one spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    To me the elephant in the room is that if Ireland got the RWC, it would benefit the game and its development here hugely and further disadvantage our fellow Celts down the road, hence redkneck fooking thinking and actions by them!
    It's fairly obvious!
    They think if we gain, they inevitably lose!
    Yep - 'fraid so.

Our track-record in the past 2 decades speaks for itself :
    - 6 x European (Heineken) Cups (not even 1 Scottish or Welsh side has reached a Final never mind win the Tournament)
    - 3 x Triple Crowns
    - 3 x 6N Champions
    - 1 x Grand Slam

Seeded 4th for World Cup 2019. All 4 Provinces and the National team in seriously good shape - a far cry from the early 70's when Wales were the top team in these islands.

Worth repeating "Wascurito's" observation :

"There's a lot to be said for the English. They might be arrogant pr_cks at times but that arrogance means they have no chips on their shoulders. They don't go envying the neighbours thinking "Feck those b_st_rds. We'll drag them down to our level."

Next time I hear some Scottish or Welsh person talk about Celtic brotherhood, I'll tell them to shove it up their dtóin. There are no Celts. We're Irish and they're two regions of the UK who never had the liathróidí to stand up for themselves in the world
    ."

That's about the size of it.

'Celtic' brohood my arse.

A pure Celt looks nothing like natives of these islands.

Trade and cultural links not genetic.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    To me the elephant in the room is that if Ireland got the RWC, it would benefit the game and its development here hugely and further disadvantage our fellow Celts down the road, hence redkneck fooking thinking and actions by them!
    It's fairly obvious!
    They think if we gain, they inevitably lose!

Are they really in competition ? Given ,like all pro sports , money is a big factor and the irish provinces bring a lot to the celtic league or whatever its called and ireland , with welsh help, sustains the argument that the smaller 4 bring a lot to the 6 nations....

scotland in particular should be looking to ireland as a model surely given that it seems to have been hamstrung at the outset of professionalism by the same socio-economic restricted bases a that rugby in ireland , by and large, was associated with , fairly or unfairly, and , on all available evidence, held back by to some extent.....until the IRFU needed Paddy to pay Patricks wages or until they had the $;s to pt into "production values" to attract paddy .

For whats worth, and its off topic, but i subscribe to the former....they wouldnt be abandoning womens 15 a side , to all intents and purposes, if growing their game was their motivation....they and the rest of union seem to be happy to create a non-adult-paticipatory behemoth ( on an irish scale) akin to gridiron, which is sad given the sports corinthian, a position and 15 , be it the A's, B's or C's, for all origins....

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Next up - our politicians will go grovelling to Brussels, looking for a pat on the head from corrupt American politicians, and standing on the tarmac in Shannon for the Nemesis of the said corrupt politicians in a PR stunt that that is gobsmacking in it's absurdity.

And then there is that awful grovelling to Merkel.
    You have a well-established record of viewing our international relations in these simplistic and binary terms.

does anyone know who we got the 8 votes from? I know England gave us 3 and USA and Canada 1 each so who gave the last 3 votes?

Quote Originally Posted by NMunsterman View Post
    Yep - 'fraid so.

Our track-record in the past 2 decades speaks for itself :
    - 6 x European (Heineken) Cups (not even 1 Scottish or Welsh side has reached a Final never mind win the Tournament)
    - 3 x Triple Crowns
    - 3 x 6N Champions
    - 1 x Grand Slam

Seeded 4th for World Cup 2019. All 4 Provinces and the National team in seriously good shape - a far cry from the early 70's when Wales were the top team in these islands.

Worth repeating "Wascurito's" observation :

"There's a lot to be said for the English. They might be arrogant pr_cks at times but that arrogance means they have no chips on their shoulders. They don't go envying the neighbours thinking "Feck those b_st_rds. We'll drag them down to our level."

Next time I hear some Scottish or Welsh person talk about Celtic brotherhood, I'll tell them to shove it up their dtóin. There are no Celts. We're Irish and they're two regions of the UK who never had the liathróidí to stand up for themselves in the world
    ."

That's about the size of it.
    FFS - stand up for themselves - the Scots were too [email protected] afraid to vote for Independance never mind fight for it

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    500 million bullet dodged............... TF for that

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/e...-36333168.html

No mention of 500m here, in a pretty good summary of what happened.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment