Register to Comment
Page 2 of 714 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    I have seen some of his videos. He is a genius. He has given some very interesting critiques of a wide range of topics.

One of the foremost thinkers of our era.
    I had respect for you up this. A lot of his advice you have ever taken to time to observe what leads people to a sense of fulfilment in life ply will push them into a direction heading away from that. He is obviously a deeply troubled man himself, and so the obvious question is how can someone by a genius of a psychologist and yet remain himself an obvious nervous wreck? I admire him for standing up to the Transexualist agenda but that is about it. And sorry error by it's very nature cannot have any absolute rights.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Freedom of Speech - Not just another value?

The talk below focuses on the reasons that the right to free speech should be considered in some sense paramount among the intrinsic rights, rather than merely one value among many. Peterson points out that here is no difference between free speech and free thought and without free thought it is impossible to know oneself or the world.

He's a Canadian clinical psychologist and professor of psychology at the University of Toronto and has caused a stir in Canada in recent months after speaking against Bill C-16 saying he would not use the preferred gender pronouns of students and faculty, objecting to the Canadian government's Bill C-16 which proposed to add "gender identity or expression" as a prohibited ground of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act, as well to the list of identifiable groups against whom it is illegal under the Criminal Code to promote genocide or publicly incite hatred.

His objection to the bill was based on potential free speech implications. He believed if the criminal code was amended, he could then be prosecuted under provincial human rights laws if he refused to call a transsexual student or faculty member by their preferred pronoun. He also argued that it would be possible for employers and organizations to be subject to punishment under the code if any employee or associate says anything that can be construed "directly or indirectly" as offensive, "whether intentionally or unintentionally."

In April 2017 Peterson was denied a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council grant for the first time in his career which he interpreted as retaliation for his statements regarding Bill C-16.

He's an interesting guy, and has posted a number of lectures on YouTube on a number of topics well worth listening to. He's not a fan of the modern neo-marxist agenda.

https://medium.com/perspectiva-insti...n-2df43c24672f
    Insisting on the truth in times of chaos — Jordan Peterson

So what exactly are we supposed to discuss?

There are depths of immense riches in Nietzsche, but there are also abysses of poisons. I have seen people both greatly gain from Nietzsche and also I have witnessed the destruction of people's character from reading his works. Ideally only certain types of people should be allowed to his works and I'm sorry but Professor Jordan Peterson does not fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    I had respect for you up this. A lot of his advice you have ever taken to time to observe what leads people to a sense of fulfilment in life ply will push them into a direction heading away from that. He is obviously a deeply troubled man himself, and so the obvious question is how can someone by a genius of a psychologist and yet remain himself an obvious nervous wreck? I admire him for standing up to the Transexualist agenda but that is about it. And sorry error by it's very nature cannot have any absolute rights.
    So , who bit your scone then?

Quote Originally Posted by derryman View Post
    So , who bit your scone then?
    LOL, fair enough.

I don't present myself as an expert on handling the human psyche though, do I?

He does.

Another guy who has made a ton of money from telling snowflakes what they want to hear.

Here is a quote from Jordan Peterson that exhibits precisely why no sensible person should take him seriously (and is rather damning of those who have already praised him on this thread):

I will never use words I hate, like the trendy and artificially constructed words "zhe" and "zher." These words are at the vanguard of a post-modern, radical leftist ideology that I detest, and which is, in my professional opinion, frighteningly similar to the Marxist doctrines that killed at least 100 million people in the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Another guy who has made a ton of money from telling snowflakes what they want to hear.
    Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Where have you been?
    Raising an army of the Unsullied. They are kind of hard to find in the Glens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Oh you're back i see.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment