Register to Comment
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    I still find the concept of no separate water bills odd, and I still struggle with the difference between FF and FG.
    It is simple. People think FG represent the rich and FF represent the plain people of Ireland. Yes, there is an overlap, and yes, it is bogus.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    I still find the concept of no separate water bills odd, and I still struggle with the difference between FF and FG.
    Old saying: the former eat dinner at 1 pm; the latter lunch.

Hmm Cant really figure so many peeps seem to have a really vicious hatred of the GAA.

For me it's a fabulous organisation ..not perfect by any means but doing huge good work amongst Ireland's young kids .

That said what really grinds my gears is when some of the GAA pundits come on the media a pepper every sentence with "Lookit".

"Ah lookit we are where we are xxx are a strong team but lookit we are prepared yada yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    It is simple. People think FG represent the rich and FF represent the plain people of Ireland. Yes, there is an overlap, and yes, it is bogus.
    Lies, alright.

FG and FF represent the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Polo View Post
    Hmm Cant really figure so many peeps seem to have a really vicious hatred of the GAA.

For me it's a fabulous organisation ..not perfect by any means but doing huge good work amongst Ireland's young kids .
    Depends when you grew up, I suppose.

The sentiment you expressed is part of the problem. What other group receives this gushing praise?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    It's because of the obsession with the size of funerals. If you come back from a funeral the first question you'll be asked is "Was there a big crowd?"

It's a mickey measuring contest. The value of your life is measured by how many people showed up at the end of it. Even though some of the most revolting, corrupt and evil people in this country had some of the largest funerals.
    It's one of my hobbyhorses, I must admit. I personally would only go to the funeral of a close neighbor or the next-of-kin of a work colleague or someone I knew well.

When my father died, I was astounded by the number of people who came to both the removal and the funeral. I hadn't a clue who most of them were. Virtually none of them (all from the general locality) had ever called to see him or my mother when they were elderly and still living at home and could have done with the odd visitor other than carers, nurses or family members (if only to remind them that they hadn't been completely forgotten about). I heard one guy looking at my father in the coffin and saying "I haven't seen that man in 20 years'! I had to bite my lip, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    Depends when you grew up, I suppose.

The sentiment you expressed is part of the problem. What other group receives this gushing praise?
    What other group? Well I don't know James ....don't think my comments were "gushing" in anyways ..just stating facts my friend ..I would say the same about St V De P or Bothair or other well run and well regulated orgs.

M' Kay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Polo View Post
    What other group? Well I don't know James ....don't think my comments were "gushing" in anyways ..just stating facts my friend ..I would say the same about St V De P or Bothair or other well run and well regulated orgs.

M' Kay ?
    I have no problem with your praising it or any group; my problem is that to listen to official Ireland you'd think the GAA is unique in having volunteers who give up their time to keep the show on the road. Who do people think run the million and one other sports?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Mac View Post
    Lies, alright.

FG and FF represent the rich.
    They represent the interests of the rich. Unfortunately a lot of ordinary people think that they represent their interests as well.

The ratio of fat to self-confidence...it's inverted here

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment