Register to Comment
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Judaism and Zionism are not separate from one another.

A wonderful article from The Times Of Israel explaining how "Zionism is at core about Jewish national self-determination in the Jewish historic homeland. Zionism itself cannot be discussed as something that is separate from and different to Judaism, the civilisation of the Jewish people. Zionism is an intrinsic component of Judaism."
    Zionism explained to a Muslim friend | Julie Nathan | The Blogs | The Times of Israel

"The standard mantra of anti-Israel activists is that Judaism and Zionism are entirely separate from one another. This is a convenient, but entirely false and artificial, rhetorical device for overcoming the widespread perception that many anti-Zionists are antisemites in disguise. By attempting to separate Zionism from Judaism, anti-Zionists try to delude others (if not themselves) into thinking that one can plausibly claim not to hate the Jewish people or the Jewish religion, but “only” to hate the only Jewish-majority State in the world."

I totally agree with the writer of this piece.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    A wonderful article from The Times Of Israel explaining how "Zionism is at core about Jewish national self-determination in the Jewish historic homeland. Zionism itself cannot be discussed as something that is separate from and different to Judaism, the civilisation of the Jewish people. Zionism is an intrinsic component of Judaism."
    Zionism explained to a Muslim friend | Julie Nathan | The Blogs | The Times of Israel

"The standard mantra of anti-Israel activists is that Judaism and Zionism are entirely separate from one another. This is a convenient, but entirely false and artificial, rhetorical device for overcoming the widespread perception that many anti-Zionists are antisemites in disguise. By attempting to separate Zionism from Judaism, anti-Zionists try to delude others (if not themselves) into thinking that one can plausibly claim not to hate the Jewish people or the Jewish religion, but “only” to hate the only Jewish-majority State in the world."

I totally agree with the writer of this piece.
    Are you suggesting that any opposition to or criticism of the Israeli state is anti-Semitic? If you're not I don't understand the reference to anti-Israeli activists that I have highlighted.

The OP is wrong. Judaism is a religion and Zionism is political. Some Jews are not Zionists. You can also be non-Jewish and a Zionist.

Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    The OP is wrong. Judaism is a religion and Zionism is political. Some Jews are not Zionists. You can also be non-Jewish and a Zionist.
    They're not considered real jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Indeed. I'm not Jewish but I consider myself to be a Zionist.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Isn't it how they self identify which counts.

Judaism is a religion, Zionism is a political movement, two separate entities, not all Jews are Zionist and indeed not all Zionist are Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    The majority of Orthodox Rabbis before World War II were incredibly Anti-Zionist for various reasons. Of course there were some like Rabbi Kook who weren't. Than there is the fact that in the early years of the Zionist colonial project State it was often intensely Anti-Judaism which it saw as "anti-Progress".

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    Indeed. I'm not Jewish but I consider myself to be a Zionist.
    As do I.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment