Register to Comment
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

So it is your contention that any ethnic group can claim a right to reoccupy territory and build a state based on some nebulous historic right, having maintained only a minimal, minority presence there for over a thousand years?
    And the figures I quote for their minority in 1922 are correct!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

But not every ethnic or religious group has self determination, so i dont know where this notion is about how Jews are the only group that people want to deny self determination because its bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    So it is your contention that any ethnic group can claim a right to reoccupy territory and build a state based on some nebulous historic right, having maintained only a minimal, minority presence there for over a thousand years?
    And the figures I quote for their minority in 1922 are correct!
    But why would you want to use the dispersal of Jews, from their homeland, to deny them the right to self-determination? Can't you see that past antisemitism is being used as a justification for not giving Jews the right to self-determination now. They were always seen as different. They were always seen as not belonging because of that dispersal. So you want them to exist as in a sort of Limbo, not belonging and having nowhere where they can belong? Jews never gave up their claim to their historical homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    But not every ethnic or religious group has self determination, so i dont know where this notion is about how Jews are the only group that people want to deny self determination because its bs.
    So because not every group has self-determination you think Jews shouldn't have it? And to the notion you have that not every ethnic or religious group has self-determination; which ones do you deny self-determination to.......without sounding racist and bigoted?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    So because not every group has self-determination you think Jews shouldn't have it? And to the notion you have that not every ethnic or religious group has self-determination; which ones do you deny self-determination to.......without sounding racist and bigoted?
    When exactly did i claim Jews shouldnt have self determination i was merely saying, that to claim only jews are being prevented to self determination is plainly wrong, please dont delibrately twist what i was saying to claim some kind of victimhood status, its not going to wash with me i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    Of course they did have the right to form a state.
    In your opinion, others may and do validly think differently. And someone who claims that anyone who disagrees with their opinion is a bigot is bigoted themselves. You are a bigot!

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    There has never been a time when there weren't Jews in Palestine, including pilgrims or early attempts at immigration in the 1800's. According to the UN definition of indigenous Jews fulfill all the criteria. Conflict with the Arabs is a separate problem.
    Fair enough, but I presume/hope you don't take the L'Chaim position that anyone who does not agree that setting up of the state of Israel was the only "right" response to the position that pertained there in the late 19th and early 20th century is an anti-semite? That unless you would have, at the time, have taken the Jewish side in this political conflict you are a bigot?

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    In your opinion, others may and do validly think differently. And someone who claims that anyone who disagrees with their opinion is a bigot is bigoted themselves. You are a bigot!
    Oh not just my opinion. The opinion of the League of nations and the UN. They were righting a past antisemitic act of dispersing Jews from their homeland and recognising the historical right of Jews to live in a Jewish state there. Of course you're a bigot if you were to deny them that right. It's saying that the antisemitic act of dispersing the Jews from their homeland was right and correct. It wasn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Kastavo View Post
    I suggest that you are one of the most mentally bright posters on here that shrills for israel and it's openly racist policies.Now with that compliment have you got anything constructive to say about the antisemitic opening post?
    Hi bumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Setantawatchl View Post
    Hi bumpy
    What?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment