Register to Comment
Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree501Likes

CSO Marriage statistics 2016 - over 1,000 same couple married

Last year there were 1,056 same-sex marriages in the Republic, 606 of these were male unions and were 450 female. There were more than 22,000 marriages and civil partnerships overall in 2016.

Last year is the first full year for which there are figures on same-sex marriages.

Same-sex marriage was legalised in November 2015, and that year there were 91 marriages. This rose to 1,056 in 2016.

In same sex marriages the average age of a man was 40.5 years, and female 41. The CSO says that over time it is expected these ages will fall.
    Full story: Rte - Over 1,000 same-sex marriages in 2016

My Comments:

1) congrats to all the happy couples who got married in 2016, gay & straight

2) it's interesting to be able to read the statistics
    Last edited by USER1234; 14th April 2017 at 06:58 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by USER1234 View Post
    Full story:
    Excellent. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stentor View Post
    Excellent. Carry on.
    Sorry I accidentally posted the thread before I put it in, Iv corrected it now!

Sorry I accidentally posted the thread before I put it in, Iv corrected it now!
    Didn't matter to me Bro. I approve of the 1000+ already. Excellent. Well done to "de geys"!

I wonder will it taper off going forward. Was there a bottle-neck to work through in 2016? So much to 'wait and see'.

Definitely far more people, men and women, walking about openly gay in Dublin. That's cute and nice to see.

I will say, and hope I may be understood in saying it, there's a few couples that make eye contact, males or females, that give off a f++k you vibe. I guess their foreigners or students or lesbians or feminists too. It's maybe like weed was decriminalized. You'd get lots of muppets walking about smoking ostentatiously. Look at me syndrome. Harmless and a little childish.
    Last edited by Stentor; 14th April 2017 at 07:05 PM.

Didn't matter to me Bro. I approve of the 1000+ already. Excellent. Well done to "de geys"!

I wonder will it taper off going forward. Was there a bottle-neck to work through in 2016? So much to 'wait and see'.
    We will have to wait & see when this years CSO figures are released next year!

Definitely far more people, men and women, walking about openly gay in Dublin. That's cute and nice to see.

I will say, and hope I may be understood in saying it, there's a few couples that make eye contact, males or females, that give off a f++k you vibe. I guess their foreigners or students or lesbians or feminists too. It's maybe like weed was decriminalized. You'd get lots of muppets walking about smoking ostentatiously. Look at me syndrome. Harmless and a little childish.
    Emulation put to the test?

Yes. Let's wait and see.

(Ignore Cruimh. He's a leftist).

Full story: Rte - Over 1,000 same-sex marriages in 2016

My Comments:

1) congrats to all the happy couples who got married in 2016, gay & straight

2) it's interesting to be able to read the statistics
    I thought there was just "marriage" and people who differentiate are to be ostracised/ burned at the stake.

Yet, such differentiation now appears to be official policy. There must be a box to tick when the CSO is able to keep track.

Image: Central Statistics Office

Is the sky still above us ?

With less than 5% of these ceremonies being between SS couples

-and when there must have been a bottleneck over the last few years

-would suggest that the numbers engaging in SS unions will drop dramatically in the years to come...

20 years on the numbers will be in the low hundreds per annum

People may well ask how so few managed to convince the Political Establishment of the day to hold one to satisfy the peccadillos of such a tiny number of people

- and if they didn't all Hell would break loose...

Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment