Register to Comment
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 725
Like Tree230Likes
  1. #11
    TakeitAll TakeitAll is offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    817

    Quote Originally Posted by USER1234 View Post
    Full story: Rte - Over 1,000 same-sex marriages in 2016


    My Comments:

    1) congrats to all the happy couples who got married in 2016, gay & straight

    2) it's interesting to be able to read the statistics
    I wonder how long it will be before gays complain about stats like this and demand they are just included in the married category instead of a same sex marriage category
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    storybud1 storybud1 is offline
    storybud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,542

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    With less than 5% of these ceremonies being between SS couples

    -and when there must have been a bottleneck over the last few years

    -would suggest that the numbers engaging in SS unions will drop dramatically in the years to come...

    20 years on the numbers will be in the low hundreds per annum

    People may well ask how so few managed to convince the Political Establishment of the day to hold one to satisfy the peccadillos of such a tiny number of people

    - and if they didn't all Hell would break loose...
    Not really, the media are utterly biased in all matters liberal and just like some bullsh1t editorial in the Indo about Le Pens vote collapsing but not mentioning she is leading the primaries would make anyone just laugh at the state of the Irish media.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    Catalpast Catalpast is offline
    Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,168

    Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Not really, the media are utterly biased in all matters liberal and just like some bullsh1t editorial in the Indo about Le Pens vote collapsing but not mentioning she is leading the primaries would make anyone just laugh at the state of the Irish media.
    They are woeful lot it is true

    Though I think the online rag Journal.ie would win any Award for sheer awfulness...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    With less than 5% of these ceremonies being between SS couples

    -and when there must have been a bottleneck over the last few years

    -would suggest that the numbers engaging in SS unions will drop dramatically in the years to come...

    20 years on the numbers will be in the low hundreds per annum

    People may well ask how so few managed to convince the Political Establishment of the day to hold one to satisfy the peccadillos of such a tiny number of people

    - and if they didn't all Hell would break loose...
    Poor dear, you must be still hurtin' bad. Of course it matters not a jot if there are only a few hundred, fairness and equality won the day.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Catalpast Catalpast is offline
    Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,168

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    Poor dear, you must be still hurtin' bad. Of course it matters not a jot if there are only a few hundred, fairness and equality won the day.
    Notice any other State following our example?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Calculusmadeeasy Calculusmadeeasy is offline
    Calculusmadeeasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,376

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    Poor dear, you must be still hurtin' bad. Of course it matters not a jot if there are only a few hundred, fairness and equality won the day.
    Um no, polygamists are being discriminated against actually.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    I thought there was just "marriage" and people who differentiate are to be ostracised/ burned at the stake.

    Yet, such differentiation now appears to be official policy. There must be a box to tick when the CSO is able to keep track.


    Image: Central Statistics Office
    It's a fairly easy stat to collect. Members of the household fill in the same form and state their relationship to each other. It's VERY annoying that the CSO has decided to refer to those in a same sex marriage as either 'males' or 'females' instead of 'brides' or 'grooms'. But I suppose I'll just let it go, no point raising the blood pressure.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Notice any other State following our example?
    Point?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    Um no, polygamists are being discriminated against actually.
    Then by all means establish a campaign to correct this acreages harm.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    midlander12 midlander12 is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,971

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Notice any other State following our example?
    Other way around actually. Australia, Germany and Italy are now the only prominent 'Western' countries that don't have SSM, or you can add in NI if you want to be really pedantic. A few Latin American countries have since followed for what it's worth.

    'Get over it' is the phrase that most comes to mind.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment