Register to Comment
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    I can't believe they missed the chance to call themselves the Mahon Tribunal.
    Eight letters.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by sadcitizen View Post
    My memory of Dublin in the 90s is that community campaigns were effective...were they?
    No. They weren't really. They caued a lot of harm along the way as well. Certainly in Crumlin, the only people barely touched were the main dealers; the guys on the ground got the baseball bats while the big family largely avoided direct action. Innocent people were caught up (myself included, one night).

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Statement from Mahon Vigilantes

"Well just like we thought the low life dealers/users didn't have the balls 2 mail us 2 meet them there probably in Derek's using as I'm posting this

The first 1 of ye we see will be getting a bed next 2 yer friend Timmy I'll be putting ye there like I did 2 him low life scum".

It would probably help their cause to have someone literate run their PR.
    I would suggest giving them books by Huxley, Tennisson and Golding to start their education.

Carrkkk is grayyyttt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    People awaiting trial for a particular crime go on a criminal spree for whatever reason. If they are caught and charged for these extra crimes, what does it matter as any extra sentence will run concurrently rather than consecutively.

So basically the criminal gets the same sentence for a dozen crimes as he would for a single crime.

That's how they clock up the numbers.

Then you have nonsense like this, where someone from Derry actually rented a house on this side of the border to grow drugs, then claimed that 80 odd plants were for medical use. The term overdose comes to mind.
    Man pleads guilty to being behind Carrigans cannabis grow-house – Donegal Daily

Quote Originally Posted by runwiththewind View Post
    People awaiting trial for a particular crime go on a criminal spree for whatever reason. If they are caught and charged for these extra crimes, what does it matter as any extra sentence will run concurrently rather than consecutively.

So basically the criminal gets the same sentence for a dozen crimes as he would for a single crime.

That's how the clock up the numbers.
    The whole thing is nuts. If they had committed a crime while on bail 20 years ago they would have went straight to Moutjoy. Today they appear to get a social worker, on the sick and are free to go on a crime spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    The whole thing is nuts. If they had committed a crime while on bail 20 years ago they would have went straight to Moutjoy. Today they appear to get a social worker, on the sick and are free to go on a crime spree.
    That's why concurrent sentencing should be abolished and that's why a proper system of minimum sentencing is required. Judges have way too much leeway. It's why defrauding the tax man a la garlic man gets 7 years and the rape of a 3 year year old gets 5.

There's also the issue of the appeal court consistently lowering the original sentence.

In fact, we're at the stage where every murderer who receives a life sentence, which is the only sentence that can be given, is appealed. Why is legal aid even granted in these appeals when there's no new evidence.

Criminal legal solicitors earn a fortune, running into 100s of 1000s for most, with the lucky few earning millions. And its the same criminal solicitors in every district. It's a cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by runwiththewind View Post
    That's why concurrent sentencing should be abolished and that's why a proper system of minimum sentencing is required. Judges have way too much leeway. It's why defrauding the tax man a la garlic man gets 7 years and the rape of a 3 year year old gets 5.

There's also the issue of the appeal court consistently lowering the original sentence.

In fact, we're at the stage where every murderer who receives a life sentence, which is the only sentence that can be given, is appealed. Why is legal aid even granted in these appeals when there's no new evidence.

Criminal legal solicitors earn a fortune, running into 100s of 1000s for most, with the lucky few earning millions. And its the same criminal solicitors in every district. It's a cabal.
    I agree it is a cabal in the legal profession.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment