Register to Comment
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree93Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dublin pride View Post
    Look it's better to be safe than sorry, at least the man wasn't hurt.

Locals are right to be worried for the safety of children in their areas, after all what if that man was a pedo?
    So every man on the planet should be assumed to be a paedophile until proven otherwise, do you know how crazy that mentality is.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Uppsss- not available anymore. I guess some people taking the law into their own hands got cold feet....
    A bit thick more like. Using FB to advocate criminal activity. They probably thought they could 'burn' their phones like in the Wire, or such shows.

Quote Originally Posted by dublin pride View Post
    Not surprising locals have been taking matters into their own hands. When I was a child growing up in my part of South Dublin, locals formed a vigilante group to get drug dealers out of the area, as they dealt drugs on a field where children played football and the Garda would do nothing.

A few years later, the group formed again to remove Travellers as they kept robbing people, causing trouble and attacking people, again the local Garda did nothing.

Last year a new vigilante group formed to deal with a rapist in the area who's been attacking women and kids when the Garda won't do anything at all.

I'd like to see vigilante groups like this one in Cork set up everywhere, all over Ireland. As if the Garda don't have the manpower, resources, or won't do anything about criminals. It's up to the Irish people to get together as a nation and get these criminals off the streets!
    Trust me you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedogs View Post
    mate people know whats goin on in their own area....
    Yeah, and they know who is shagging their wives/husbands too when they are out on the streets. What could possibly go wrong?

Vigilantism does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Yeah, and they know who is shagging their wives/husbands too when they are out on the streets. What could possibly go wrong?

Vigilantism does not work.
    ask any old person livin out the country if cops and courts work mate?????

We’re Seeing an Online Justice Revolution.

Originally Posted by dublin pride
    Look it's better to be safe than sorry, at least the man wasn't hurt.

Locals are right to be worried for the safety of children in their areas, after all what if that man was a pedo?
    Quote Originally Posted by amsterdemmetje View Post
    Dead right ,anyone who looks in the direction of a child should be branded a pedo just in case.
    Why bother to wait until the guy starts to LOOK? Get him first!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...t-it-1.3302840
    We’re Seeing an Online Justice Revolution. That's Good. Isn't It?

.......[David] Murray, a civil servant, was shopping in Supervalu in Monasterevin on an otherwise unremarkable afternoon in May, when he noticed a flurry of activity around him. “It was Friday evening, so I thought it was just busy. And then people started coming close to me and making vague allegations which I didn’t understand,” he says. Three couples had pulled up in a car alongside him. Murray realised they “believed I was some kind of sexual criminal. I told them, ‘You’ve made a mistake here and you need to call the guards.’ I was happy to remain there until we sorted it out, but they weren’t prepared to do that.”

Murray would later piece together what had happened. A convicted paedophile called Anthony Luckwill had recently been released from prison and was believed – wrongly, it turned out – to be in the area. “Someone in Monastervein who was concerned about Anthony Luckwill had taken my photo and put it up on Facebook, and that then led to various people in the town driving around trying to locate me.” It “all happened within seven minutes”, he said. “They were standing a bit off but it’s getting louder and there are more and more people in the immediate vicinity.” Eventually he took refuge in a pub, called the guards, and waited. By the time they arrived, a crowd of around 30 people had gathered outside.

Murray – who has not, for now, sought legal redress over the wrongful identification – says he understands the fear that leads to people trying to hunt down those they believe might threaten their children. “I’m not dismissing that. The problem I had was that they were not prepared to get the guards involved. They wanted to run Anthony Luckwill out of the town.”....

The only thing that surprises me is that the Irish Times still refer to this episode 6 months later. There have been far worse cases - like a Wicklow mob burning a family ( including 4 children) out of a house because they discovered the husband had got a 6 months sentence for indecent assault about 15 years before. That case is completely forgotten I think.

Labour Councillors Join Mob Harassment of Innocent Family

......The only thing that surprises me is that the Irish Times still refer to this episode 6 months later. There have been far worse cases - like a Wicklow mob burning a family ( including 4 children) out of a house because they discovered the husband had got a 6 months sentence for indecent assault about 15 years before. That case is completely forgotten I think.
    This is the episode I refer to above
    Irish Salem: Labour Councillors Join Mob Harrassment of Innocent Family

AND the follow up concerning Archbishop Diarmuid Martin (The Secular Party at Prayer) who had nothing to say about the abuse of children in his diocese by a SECULAR mob!
    http://irishsalem.blogspot.ie/2016/0...arrasment.html
    Labour Councillors Join Mob Harrasment of Innocent Family - CONTINUED

AND there was a follow-up in Castleisland Co Kerry - not mentioned in the recent Irish Times article
    http://www.thejournal.ie/mistaken-id...46858-Jun2017/
    Another man has been wrongly identified as sex offender Anthony Luckwill

We need another John B. Keane. ALSO we need to identify motives other than "Repression" and "Hypocrisy" and explanations other than the Catholic Church. Did the Kildare and Kerry mobs consist of repressed Catholics?
    Last edited by Kilbarry1; 6th December 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment