Register to Comment
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 761 to 765 of 765
Like Tree505Likes
  1. #761
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,323

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    We've taken careful note of your request to keep the French out of your life, valamhic. In Ireland (please note the 'e' in the spelling of 'Ireland) we do not speak the Queen's English- in fact very few people even in England do that- but have refined the language into something far more interesting as you will have noted from your reading of Ulysses.

    As for Macron I am fairly certain he had nothing to do with 1798. His missus might remember it but then there is an age gap.
    Here again is a perfect example of the twisting of debate. I did not post my having a problem with communication by Irish people in English. I agree that the way the Irish speak English is very very good.

    I posted that the posters here are posting in French, with French phrases and words. This is placing me at a disadvantage in understanding their posts. There are literally hundreds of languages spoken in the world. I have a good grasp of English (I may have a type above for which you deserve a prize for spotting). I have a fairly reasonable grasp of Gaeilge (the Irish language and am still learning) and as a third language I choose Lakota. I can't be fluent in them all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #762
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,323

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    We've taken careful note of your request to keep the French out of your life, valamhic. In Ireland (please note the 'e' in the spelling of 'Ireland) we do not speak the Queen's English- in fact very few people even in England do that- but have refined the language into something far more interesting as you will have noted from your reading of Ulysses.

    As for Macron I am fairly certain he had nothing to do with 1798. His missus might remember it but then there is an age gap.
    I split my reply for clarity. Of course Macron was not responsible for 1798, I did not post that. I posted that the French where not a good ally in that dispute. They were more worried about getting their knickerbockers stained than putting up a fight. The French had a choice of voting for a good sound candidate Marie LaPenn but chose whinging Macron. That was beyond the Pale in my book. They are a bunch of commie leftie greenie libloons and |Trump is putting them in their place biggly.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #763
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,323

    Sorry to hog this discussion, will leave it to youse for a while while I fodder the cattle.

    I once took a shine to a nice young nun, novice sister Marie who wanted to test her vocation. I thought it was a sin and went to confession.

    The auld priest forgave me after I told him I put 2 shillings into the collection box the last Sunday. However he inserted a condition.

    He siad its not a sin to fancy a nun, so long as you don't get into the habit.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #764
    Lumpy Talbot Lumpy Talbot is online now

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    16,178
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Here again is a perfect example of the twisting of debate. I did not post my having a problem with communication by Irish people in English. I agree that the way the Irish speak English is very very good.

    I posted that the posters here are posting in French, with French phrases and words. This is placing me at a disadvantage in understanding their posts. There are literally hundreds of languages spoken in the world. I have a good grasp of English (I may have a type above for which you deserve a prize for spotting). I have a fairly reasonable grasp of Gaeilge (the Irish language and am still learning) and as a third language I choose Lakota. I can't be fluent in them all.
    Lakota. Isn't that a Native American language as in the Sioux nation?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #765
    death or glory death or glory is offline
    death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,625

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Sorry to hog this discussion, will leave it to youse for a while while I fodder the cattle.

    I once took a shine to a nice young nun, novice sister Marie who wanted to test her vocation. I thought it was a sin and went to confession.

    The auld priest forgave me after I told him I put 2 shillings into the collection box the last Sunday. However he inserted a condition.

    He siad its not a sin to fancy a nun, so long as you don't get into the habit.
    What a lazy sod, 10.30 and you haven't fed the cattle, get too it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment